Netflix DVD Retrospective

Tin Man

Dirt's Childhood Playmate
I was an early adopter of Netflix DVD. Inexpensive home delivery of current hits and movies we might not be aware of otherwise. It was too easy to keep the service over three moves. Update the queue and remember to watch and return ~4 movies per month, and we were ahead of the cost of Blockbuster, RedBox, et al.

The streaming service debuted as a complimentary add on, and I enjoyed it. When the poorly handled split occurred, we elected to keep the DVD service. It had earlier availability of hit movies, our DVD player will never die, and it was just too simple.

Last October, DVD.com sunset. They informed subscribers that the return of final deliveries were optional. The last disc which I received was The Founder. I still have it in the red Netflix envelope.

Did you keep DVD.com to the very end? What was your last disc? Did you keep it?

I was an early adopter of Netflix DVD. Inexpensive home delivery of current hits and movies we might not be aware of otherwise. It was too easy to keep the service over three moves. Update the queue and remember to watch and return ~4 movies per month, and we were ahead of the cost of Blockbuster, RedBox, et al.

The streaming service debuted as a complimentary add on, and I enjoyed it. When the poorly handled split occurred, we elected to keep the DVD service. It had earlier availability of hit movies, our DVD player will never die, and it was just too simple.

Last October, DVD.com sunset. They informed subscribers that the return of final deliveries were optional. The last disc which I received was The Founder. I still have it in the red Netflix envelope.

Did you keep DVD.com to the very end? What was your last disc? Did you keep it?
No because I'm not super old :p

No because I'm not super old :p
I saw the very beginning of the US manned space program. I had to hold a younger student’s hand when everyone was crying over the news of JFK’s assassination. I was out of college and in the full time workforce when the very first cellphone was introduced. Cable TV, compact discs, VCRs - all within my adult life. I have a pair of boots twice as old as you.

I saw the very beginning of the US manned space program. I had to hold a younger student’s hand when everyone was crying over the news of JFK’s assassination. I was out of college and in the full time workforce when the very first cellphone was introduced. Cable TV, compact discs, VCRs - all within my adult life. I have a pair of boots twice as old as you.
I have no doubt lol

I worked at blockbuster in high school during the early 90s. It was packed and within 10 years video stores were dead. There was a fun feeling as a kid going to pick out a video game or a movie on Friday night.
When your mom let you get a movie AND and game.....that was a great weekend.

Reactions: NEO and davethevol
And calling your friends to let them know there was a new Mario game and you just rented the only copy.

And one of your friends has the Nintendo power magazine and brings it over to show all the secrets.

Or remember getting to stay up late when ABC played the Monday night movie like Superman or TBS did the annual Wizard of OZ showing?

Sheesh, I miss the old days.

Reactions: JL24 and davethevol

VN Store

Back