'25 NJ OT Jaelyn Matthews

I would love to know what. Character issues? Grades? Off the field issues? That makes no sense. Why would any of those things have bearing on a ranking for a player?
It hasnt stopped some prospects reaching 5* status in the past, but it has hurt some of commits that had potential “academic” issues.

But yet they can just drop a guy in the off-season for no apparent reason? As I said that’s dumb and disrespectful to the young man.
I’d say that’s the byproduct of them ranking everyone so early imo. A guy like Cam Sparks for example had his skillset and was just so much bigger than everyone in his class until now. Edwin didn’t grow into the biggest linebacker, since someone brought him up (still a stud). I’m not trying to defend the rankings necessarily bc frankly I couldn’t give two ***** about them, but resetting and re-evaluating prospects from their last season as well as getting verified numbers from them in camp settings isn’t nothing.

In my opinion, people need to look at recruiting rankings like fantasy football rankings. They’re a suggestion about who will hit based on what’s worked. You’re gonna have hits and you’re going to have misses, ESPECIALLY in certain spots, but they give you a general overall idea of where players are thought of 🤷‍♂️

VN Store

Back