Non-Lady Vol Basketball News 2023-24

Oh wow! Is this effective immediately or after next season?

Wonder if they will have anyone re-enter the portal if she’s leaving this summer. They should be able to transfer with no penalty if there is a coaching change.

Makes sense though, she’s had a wonderful career and back to back national championship games is as far as she’s ever gonna go. She knows that, might as well bow out at the top of your career.

Oh wow! Is this effective immediately or after next season?

Wonder if they will have anyone re-enter the portal if she’s leaving this summer. They should be able to transfer with no penalty if there is a coaching change.

Makes sense though, she’s had a wonderful career and back to back national championship games is as far as she’s ever gonna go. She knows that, might as well bow out at the top of your career.
Posted around the same time that you did. You said it better than me though. I agree 100%

She seemed like a really nice person & quality coach. Although she didn't win a national title, the last couple years for her were exceptional (with Clark).
Yeah seemed ok but that time she burst in the other team's presser and went postal about Big 10 protocol wasn't pretty.

Hope she has a great retirement and we get their best player

I’ve been on vacation in Scotland and just saw Lisa Bluder is retiring.

I’m a bit shocked but part of me wonders if she just saw the writing was on the wall and realized there would be so many expectations on her (both good and bad) and didn’t want to deal with that.
I wonder if the players she just got out of the portal knew about her retirement when they signed? If not, I'd feel completely pissed. She had to have been thinking about it then. Of course they're all elig to transfer agains.

I didn't hear anything about this situation, can you fill me in?
It was mostly heckling on social media after Stuelke had a lackluster game (can’t remember which one it was). If I recall correctly, the heckling was so bad by their fans that her dad started to weigh in on social media. I was happy for her both professionally and for her mental health that she seemingly didn’t experience that a second time. There was some chatter about it on the women’s basketball subreddit, I believe, that I can try to dig up later today.

It was mostly heckling on social media after Stuelke had a lackluster game (can’t remember which one it was). If I recall correctly, the heckling was so bad by their fans that her dad started to weigh in on social media. I was happy for her both professionally and for her mental health that she seemingly didn’t experience that a second time. There was some chatter about it on the women’s basketball subreddit, I believe, that I can try to dig up later today.

Interesting considering things her dad has said about other players on social media.

Glass houses y’all, glass houses.

Cribbed from the Notre Dame board, Fair Use Doctrine and all that. Food for thought for those who are still carping about AD White’s choice. Which of these had any incentive to emigrate?

These 9 have made a Final 4 at their current school:
Geno-70, Wes Moore-67, Kelly Graves-61, Kim-61, Frese-54, Dawn-54, Rueck-54, Walz-52, & Adia Barnes-47. These 3 made the Final 4 at their previous school: Vic Schaeffer-63, Kenny Brooks-55, & Lindsey Gottlieb-46. Only Geno, Vic, Kim, Frese, Dawn, and Walz have made more than 1 F4.

Cribbed from the Notre Dame board, Fair Use Doctrine and all that. Food for thought for those who are still carping about AD White’s choice. Which of these had any incentive to emigrate?
Brooks, obviously, but the timing was just weeks off. I'm very surprised Rueck wasn't approachable as his team crumbled around him bc of being sent to a weak conference. Walz maybe but always a no go here due to past baggage, Barnes possibly but she's crazy.

Smart. She was going to be judged against the Clark years going forward, and that would have led to her getting fired or "retired" once Iowa failed to maintain the heights Clark carried them to. No reason to wait around when you can already hear the knives sharpening.

Last edited:
Reactions: maple

VN Store

Back