Radio Helmets and Nico Knocks

WoodsmanVol

It takes wisdom to understand wisdom.
Josh is experimenting with using Boba Fett headgear during games. Not sure if he will, but looking into it.
Source:
Hey Nico! Told ya! Certain Vols fans, who praise the loudest, turn on you like rabid rats at the slightest opportunity. Don't fret or pay attention to them, they've done it to others before, they'll do it to you. Me? Oh, they disgust me. I'm insanely loyal to our players, long as they don't badmouth or bring enduring harm to the UT. Meanwhile, ride on Nickie, baby! Give it all you got, some of us really appreciate effort.
Source:

iu

Helmet communications would be the ultimate hack. Forget Connor Stallions. Can you imagine the potential havoc that could result for intercepting the messages? Even more, can you imagine SENDING a bogus message? 😂😂😂
I assume top level encryption will be used but wow; the mind boggles at the opportunity for mischief

Helmet communications would be the ultimate hack. Forget Connor Stallions. Can you imagine the potential havoc that could result for intercepting the messages? Even more, can you imagine SENDING a bogus message? 😂😂😂
I assume top level encryption will be used but wow; the mind boggles at the opportunity for mischief
By the time you stole the signal, gave it to your defense and had them adjust, the play will have already started and you would have hosed yourself.

By the time you stole the signal, gave it to your defense and had them adjust, the play will have already started and you would have hosed yourself.
I would think it would be much funnier to do the opposite direction and send in the wrong play 😂. Of course you would need to have listened in enough to know some of the plays.
„Third and 25, why is Bama switching to their jumbo package?“

Reactions: VolFanatic27
Our plays come in so fast that we usually don't huddle. The whole team gets the signal from the sidelines. Personally just a novice at the high tech stuff, so how would this work.

Are teams using air conditioned helmets this year? I remember seeing a video of LSU players playing around with them

Are teams using air conditioned helmets this year? I remember seeing a video of LSU players playing around with them
Want to talk about weird tech helmets? Check this out. Saw it mentioned on a TV news special last fall.
Source: https://www.npr.org/2023/10/07/1204358263/deaf-football-team-5g-connected-helmet-gallaudet

An interesting tidbit is this school allegedly invented the huddle, widely used in football today.
Source:

Don't the NFL use this method for calling plays now? Doesn't seem a problem there or at least no one has discovered any hacking.
The Patriots have been accused by multiple teams of jamming, broadcasting the radio call of the game and other shenanigans with the sideline/QB communications of visiting teams.

Reactions: OrangeBeachVol
Tennessee single-wing tailbacks and QBs used to call their own plays. In a Tennessee- Georgia Tech game rated as one of greatest college football games ever played, Johnny Majors, backed up against his own goal line, made two of the most brilliant play-calls in the history of college football. I doubt radio communications would have led to more brilliant calls.

Michigan's IT department already working on it

I'm certain Boba Fett helmet teams will send coded messages. That will make it obvious if unsure a bogus message is what was heard or not. Something like: 12X-binary Tauntaun farts-Hoth9. Instead of straight verbal commands. What might happen more likely is teams pulling an Alabama style anti-Kiffin jamming ploy of shutting down the transmissions or receptions of the opposing team.

Seriously, with an uptempo like the Vols, I'm not sure Josh would Fett that up. Not when a hand signals, flag, or picture board sign does it better.

VN Store

Back