The Official Tennessee Titans thread IV

Looks like their strategy for this season didn't include a wr in the draft. Makes more sense after this signing considering the news that Boyd was always considering signing, just wanted to wait until after draft.

Reactions: Vols4us
Looks like their strategy for this season didn't include a wr in the draft. Makes more sense after this signing considering the news that Boyd was always considering signing, just wanted to wait until after draft.

The only thing is almost everyone besides Ridley will be gone next year. Hopkins, Boyd, NWI, and Burke are all on one year deals. So we’re going to have to draft and sign some guys next year.

Reactions: KB5252
The only thing is almost everyone besides Ridley will be gone next year. Hopkins, Boyd, NWI, and Burke are all on one year deals. So we’re going to have to draft and sign some guys next year.
I think they want to know what they have in Levis. They'll know that now. They can probably resign or one or two if needed. But they will need to address in the first two or three draft next year for sure.

Been racking my brain trying to think of a better one, but is this the best WR room we've had since moving to TN? Only one I remember that even comes close was Mason, McCareins, and Bennett in '03.

I still think AJ Brown is the best singular receiver we've ever had, but I can't think of a single unit he was a part of that was nearly as good or accomplished as this one.

Been racking my brain trying to think of a better one, but is this the best WR room we've had since moving to TN? Only one I remember that even comes close was Mason, McCareins, and Bennett in '03.

I still think AJ Brown is the best singular receiver we've ever had, but I can't think of a single unit he was a part of that was nearly as good or accomplished as this one.

Brown, J Smith (TE), and Davis may have been a better group

How this team performs next season will be on player chemistry and learning their roles in the new system. They are clearly executing a well analyzed plan. As usual the question marks will be about the players execution. Won't know that until halfway through the season.

I have no expectations. Just want to see good progress and enjoy the product instead of the draining grind it was. We have clues from the draft and FA of how it is planned to go. Offense should be more exciting, defense more aggressive. Will see.

Brown, J Smith (TE), and Davis may have been a better group

They were a solid group, but I wouldn’t trade Ridley or Boyd for Smith or Davis.

And as good as Brown is/was, I’m not sure the WR1 gap between him and an older DHOP is wide enough for me to pick that one over this one.

Granted, this group is still strictly on paper. Time will tell if it lives up to the hype. But I will admit I’m pretty dang hyped.

Last edited:
Reactions: Vols4us and Vol8188

VN Store

Back