The Ultimate 90's Movie Championship

Voting

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

NO SIR EEE

The Sultan Of Swat
You have 1 vote, make it count. Poll closes Wednesday at this exact time.
The Shawshank Redemption vs Saving Private Ryan

908a2fa65d738585098ee5d347d1daf59e7ac864.jpg
MV5BZjhkMDM4MWItZTVjOC00ZDRhLThmYTAtM2I5NzBmNmNlMzI1XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNDYyMDk5MTU@._V1_UY1200_CR93,0,630,1200_AL_.jpg

Man, these are two of my favorite movies of all time. Imminently rewatchable. Great characters. Great actors. Great stories. Tough call.

Your winner is The Shawshank Redemption. If anyone else has any other ideas for another movie bracket. Let me know.

Reactions: n_huffhines
Your winner is The Shawshank Redemption. If anyone else has any other ideas for another movie bracket. Let me know.
Sorry but while it was a 90's film being the most popular 90's film it was not. It didn't gain popularity until the late 90's (2000's would be more accurate) thanks VHS and its broadcast rights bought by TNT and shown practically every other weekend.

In 1994 when it was released it was a Box Office bomb bringing in only $16 million dollars on a $25 million dollar budget. It didn't turn a profit until after it was nominated for seven academy awards it was re-released and thanks to international box office earned $73 million.

On a side note Shawshank was one of the first DVDs I bought along with US Marshalls. I think they were both in those old snap cases where it was half cardboard and half plastic.

Last edited:
Sorry but while it was a 90's film being the most popular 90's film it was not. It didn't gain popularity until the late 90's (2000's would be more accurate) thanks VHS and its broadcast rights bought by TNT and shown practically every other weekend.

In 1994 when it was released it was a Box Office bomb bringing in only $16 million dollars on a $25 million dollar budget. It didn't turn a profit until after it was nominated for seven academy awards it was re-released and thanks to international box office earned $73 million.
The people spoke in the bracket. I never said anything about it being the definitive popular 90s movie.

Reactions: Behr

Was made and released in the 90's. It was a 90's movie.

Stop trying to suck the fun out of it. This ain't rocket surgery.

6dab94ba49edfa27c3529122999112e9.jpg

VN Store

Back