Trooper was in the house.............

volfan2024

“Wanna play ball scarecrow “
At Smyrna vs Lebanon last night scouting none other than Wilks of Smyrna,I think he had 3 td catches in their 3 point loss 31-28.Good game.If you fall for 2 fake punts as Smyrna did , I'm not sure you deserve to win.

There was a rumor that someone from Tennessee was at the Ooltewah-McMinn game, but that doesn't make sense unless they were getting a really early start (Jaquez Smith from Ooltewah had 11 tackles and 4 for a loss in his second game as a sophomore, and Brian Marshall is probably too small for UT).

There was a rumor that someone from Tennessee was at the Ooltewah-McMinn game, but that doesn't make sense unless they were getting a really early start (Jaquez Smith from Ooltewah had 11 tackles and 4 for a loss in his second game as a sophomore, and Brian Marshall is probably too small for UT).
Trooper was there up til the third quarter and left.Cap on backwards,decked out in orange, couldn't miss him.Every touchdown Rod scored (3 in all) Tropper would send a text message/and or call someone.Also at the game was Nick Sabin.Alabama played Vanderbilt in Nashville the following day.

McMinn's QB Devon Johnson is getting some intrest from SEC teams. The teams are looking at him as an athlete. I think there was someone from UT and UGA there.

Could be interested.It's hard to follow this stuff unless you know family,etc.Tennessee has a lot of good talent out there this year.Maryville High being nationally ranked says something, not to mention their complete destruction of Alcoa.

The guy was decent... not worth it in my opinion with the athletes we just got...

But if was probably worth the trip to also see kicker John Long (soph) and DE Smith (soph) both real studs... Smith had about 11 tackles and just manhandled people... he's big enough to play in the SEC as it is right now... he's just ripped.. and then Long hit some 50+ yard field goals and some game winning FGs as a freshman for Ooltewah.

As Owlbino said Marshall is an amazing athlete and RB.. but is pretty short.

Oops - and I think Johnson is a Senior but he may be a JR.

Johnson is a hell of an athlete. He can play wr or qb. He kept McMinn in the game by himself.

Johnson is a hell of an athlete. He can play wr or qb. He kept McMinn in the game by himself.

He couldn't even make it as a walk-on at UT if he were playing QB.

And like I said... with people like Jones, Berry, O'neal, Vinson, Paige, Moore, etc etc.. he can't compare if he wanted to get playing time. We are going for linemen this class anyway.

And I'd disagree, 3 interceptions thrown by Ooltewah at key positions on the field kept McMinn in the game - although he did have some decent runs.

He couldn't even make it as a walk-on at UT if he were playing QB.

And like I said... with people like Jones, Berry, O'neal, Vinson, Paige, Moore, etc etc.. he can't compare if he wanted to get playing time. We are going for linemen this class anyway.

And I'd disagree, 3 interceptions thrown by Ooltewah at key positions on the field kept McMinn in the game - although he did have some decent runs.
I am just repeating what the head coach told me about the SEC schools. Also I said SEC schools were showing intrest in him, not that he has offers from them. So I know, unless the head coach was lying which I have no reason to believe he is, there was someone from UT and UGA there to see Johnson. I have known Bo (the head coach) all my life and like I said there is no reason not to believe him.

I am just repeating what the head coach told me about the SEC schools. Also I said SEC schools were showing intrest in him, not that he has offers from them. So I know, unless the head coach was lying which I have no reason to believe he is, there was someone from UT and UGA there to see Johnson. I have known Bo (the head coach) all my life and like I said there is no reason not to believe him.

Plenty of players in our area get phone calls and letters from UT. Doesn't really mean that much. The guy seems like a backup plan at best for the athlete position but definetly not as a QB.

As mentioned before - they probably made the trip to see him but also check out two eventual huge prospects in Tennessee with Long and Smith.

Just wanted to give props to Trooper on his recruiting of Rod Wilks.I know he did a few in home visits as well as spotted at the game.Rod said he would play for the team that wanted him the most and he said Tennessee brought it!Good job Troop!Now go round up some more!:rock:

VN Store

Back