Vanderbilt and Athletics

I think what their AD is fundraising for is the Athletics Department’s own endowment, the Vandy United Fund, separate from Vanderbilt’s large endowment. According to their website, the Vandy United Fund has a modest goal of 300 million. Most of the schools with large endowments like Stanford or the Ivy League have strict rules on what the Endowments can be used for and athletics is typically not one of them.
I think Vandy may be looking ahead with the separate athletic endowment idea.

With the changes in college athletics, if directly paying players becomes a thing, having an endowment to draw interest from that's dedicated to the athletic department is a smart idea. If they stretch it to a $300M endowment, that should provide a nice yearly revenue stream to help fund athletic salaries.

Vandy is exlax and their pompous alums don’t give a crap about athletics… neither does the admin. They suck and always will.

Since the initial quiet phase of the campaign began in the fall, Vanderbilt has already identified $200 million toward the $300 million goal, with a $100 million commitment from the university, $90 million from anonymous donors and a $10 million lead gift from John R. Ingram, a Board of Trust member and longtime supporter of Vanderbilt Athletics. Now Vanderbilt is reaching out to the broader university community to help support the future of Vanderbilt athletics.

Using VU Endowment to fund VU Athletics would be a HUGE waste of money

Vnady has strict admissions, Got to be a smart cookie to get in ther
That’s what they want you to believe. They let people in just like other university’s do. I have lived in Nashville for almost 60 years. I know athletes and non-athletes that have gotten in to school at Vandy that would not have been admitted if they were actually strict about admission requirements in every case. They want you to believe they are strict in every case and that is their fall back when their athletic teams suck.

VN Store

Back