We should legalize drugs.

Naked beings, roaming fiery streets. Arms and legs lay scattered about. There isn't sufficient speed within this vehicle's power house.

So legalize all drugs? Then businesses can be set up that sell things like heroin, cocaine, crystal meth and crack? So after getting some steaks at the grocery store, I can pop in next door to buy some crystal meth? Man that is a recipe for success.

My wife works in pain management. Insurance pays for this service. It’s not actually possible to know who is truly in pain and who is simply drug seeking.

With that said, it means everyone of us is paying higher premiums so drug dealers can get their supply. All pain clinics have deterrents to prevent this (such as random pill counts and drug tests), but still x% of people get away with getting free drugs to either sell or use for themselves on your dime.

So the question I have is simple. For the “drugs should be illegal crowd”, would you prefer to continue paying for others to get their fix, or would you prefer to have opiates available over the counter?

My wife works in pain management. Insurance pays for this service. It’s not actually possible to know who is truly in pain and who is simply drug seeking.

With that said, it means everyone of us is paying higher premiums so drug dealers can get their supply. All pain clinics have deterrents to prevent this (such as random pill counts and drug tests), but still x% of people get away with getting free drugs to either sell or use for themselves on your dime.

So the question I have is simple. For the “drugs should be illegal crowd”, would you prefer to continue paying for others to get their fix, or would you prefer to have opiates available over the counter?
are prescriptions required to get these pain pills now?

What poster is happy go vol now? Seems like he or she went through a few different usernames.

Reactions: Vol8188
So legalize all drugs? Then businesses can be set up that sell things like heroin, cocaine, crystal meth and crack? So after getting some steaks at the grocery store, I can pop in next door to buy some crystal meth? Man that is a recipe for success.

If we limit the question to just prescription medication, does it change your answer. It seems to me that it’s unavoidable that either you will be paying for people to get high through your insurance premiums/tax dollars or you’ll have to legalize them.

Not sure if this is a trick question.

To get them legally, yes.
not a trick question. I was just curious about how the process worked that some people are taking advantage of these pain clinics.

not a trick question. I was just curious about how the process worked that some people are taking advantage of these pain clinics.

Yeah, need the prescription and you really can’t assess how much pain another person is in.

Yeah, need the prescription and you really can’t assess how much pain another person is in.
i know it wouldn't be super easy, but seems like you could scan their brains.

where it gets tricky is telling the difference between actual pain, and withdrawals. Not sure if that triggers different parts of the brain. I guess you could ween them off one pain drug to another, to know if the pain is real or if they are going through withdrawals. but that gets really complicated because not everyone responds well to every pain drug.

really it sounds like it will be an issue regardless of the legality.

i know it wouldn't be super easy, but seems like you could scan their brains.

where it gets tricky is telling the difference between actual pain, and withdrawals. Not sure if that triggers different parts of the brain. I guess you could ween them off one pain drug to another, to know if the pain is real or if they are going through withdrawals. but that gets really complicated because not everyone responds well to every pain drug.

really it sounds like it will be an issue regardless of the legality.

I imagine you’d be paying far more to analyze the brain of everyone who complains of pain than you would to simply give them the drug. That seems much worse to me

The “it” here is unnecessary medical costs. Those don’t exist regardless of legality. There are countless doctor’s visits, filled prescriptions, X-rays, CTs, etc that would exist if not due to pain medicine seeking by patients. Those cost would not exist of your oxy was sold OTC beside your Tylenol and ibuprofen

Last edited:

VN Store

Back