⚽️ Tennessee Lady Vols Soccer

Zazzara Registers 100 Career Saves as #25 Tennessee Ties Vandy​

IMG_0930.jpeg
KNOXVILLE, Tenn. –
Tennessee goalkeeper Ally Zazzara shined bright during Tennessee's 1-1 draw against Vanderbilt, earning her 100th career save.

Zazzara came up big for the Lady Vols with a season-high 11 saves, one of which came on a penalty kick in the 12th minute.

Her final save of the night came on a free kick in the 90th minute that secured the tie for Tennessee (6-1-3) to extend its unbeaten streak to nine matches.

Junior midfielder Mac Midgley gave UT its lone goal of the night, as Reese Mattern dished out the assist.

Both Tennessee and Vanderbilt were unable to find the back of the net in the opening frame

With the win over Vandy, the Lady Vols went unbeaten against its in-state opponents for the regular season.

In the first half, Vanderbilt took more shots on goal but couldn't breach the Big Orange's defense with Zazzara making five saves.

The Commodores came out hot in the second half and quickly registered a goal in the 56th minute via Sydney Watts.

Tennessee responded in the 83rd minute with the equalizer from Midgley that came on the heels of a dangerous cross from Mattern.

The Commodores were able to create one more chance in the final minute with a free kick, but Zazzara came up clutch once again and defended the net.

UP NEXT: The Lady Vols will face off against Missouri at 7 pm on Friday, Oct. 4th at Regal Stadium.

No, I wish! I was very petite, more Mac Midgely-sized and played an attacking center mid role. Occasionally played on the the outside in the midfield because, while I was small, I never minded running.
That is so cool, love hearing your perspective on the Lady Vols. What were some of your favorite soccer playing memories?

Reactions: krichunaka
Does it make that much of a difference?

ECNL seems to be the one pushing this the hardest. As of now they are voting to go back to School Year but ECNL cannot stand alone with this rule change.

They need U.S 🇺🇸 Soccer Approval and the other club leagues to be behind it too.

A survey has been sent out and meetings are being held and for what we have gathered, a lot of Club Directors don’t believe it will be approved as there is no real desire from U.S 🇺🇸 Club soccer to change it again.

IMG_0444.jpeg

Does it make that much of a difference?

ECNL seems to be the one pushing this the hardest. As of now they are voting to go back to School Year but ECNL cannot stand alone with this rule change.

They need U.S 🇺🇸 Soccer Approval and the other club leagues to be behind it too.

A survey has been sent out and meetings are being held and for what we have gathered, a lot of Club Directors don’t believe it will be approved as there is no real desire from U.S 🇺🇸 Club soccer to change it again.

View attachment 682225
It's interesting. I always played up a year because we thought playing against bigger, faster players would make me better. My cousins played baseball at the collegiate level and played down a year because they thought they would stand out more against younger competition.

VN Store

Back