Lady Vols Soccer ⚽️ Ole Miss @ Tennessee 7PM Thursday 9/19 Regal Stadium (Admission is free)

This is the USL Super League: Everything you need to know about the new first-division professional women’s soccer league​

IMG_9819.jpeg

The USL Super League kicks off in August, becoming the second first-division women's professional soccer league in the United States.

The USL Super League kicks off in a couple of weeks, bringing an entirely new dimension to women’s professional soccer in the United States.

What is the USL?​

The USL Super League is a new, first-division professional women’s soccer league. There will be eight teams competing in its initial season, and they join the National Women’s Soccer League as first-division women’s pro leagues in the U.S.
Those teams are:
  • Brooklyn FC
  • Carolina Ascent FC
  • Dallas Trinity FC
  • DC Power FC
  • Fort Lauderdale United FC
  • Lexington SC
  • Spokane Zephyr FC
  • Tampa Bay Sun FC
Each team will compete in a stadium with a capacity of at least 5,000 fans. Eight additional markets have been announced to have plans to join the league in 2025 and beyond: Indianapolis, Sporting Club Jacksonville, Wisconsin, USL Palm Beach, USL Arkansas, Tennessee, Oakland Soul SC and two clubs in Arizona: one in Phoenix and the other in Tucson.
USL Super League promo
USL Super League

How is it different from the NWSL?​

As a league operating under the USL, there are established pipelines through the USL W-League and academy clubs. Additionally, there won’t be a college draft and all players will be free agents.
Initially, the USL Super League had announced its launch with the intention to be a second-division league before changing course. It was a move made to minimize the potential for club operations that are below professional standard. Principal owners for each club must have a net worth of $15 million as opposed to $7.5 million, and combined net worth of the ownership group must be at least $25 million.
Just three of the league’s teams reside in markets or states where there are currently NWSL teams: Washington D.C., Charlotte, North Carolina and New York. Although it’s worth noting that the North Carolina Courage are located in Cary, NC – a roughly 2.5 hour drive. Similarly, NJ/NY Gotham FC plays its games at RedBull Arena in New Jersey.
Additionally, the Super League will operate without a salary cap in hopes that it can compete on the global market. Currently, the NWSL has a salary cap of $2.75 million per team, but blockbuster signings continue to rise, with a number pushing past the $1 million marker.
The league’s season also runs somewhat opposite to the NWSL. While the NWSL runs from spring to fall, the Super League intends to run a schedule that aligns with the “women's international soccer calendar” from fall to summer.
It’s a similar schedule to that of the Women’s Super League in the UK. Some have speculated that the league will operate as a sort of feeder system for the NWSL, while also offering up more opportunities to play pro soccer in the U.S. Over 150 additional roster spots will be created for professional players in the U.S.
“Today, there are 14 professional women’s soccer teams in the country,” league commissioner Amanda Vandervort told The Athletic. “There’s a delta there that needs to be filled — because if we don’t, we’re gonna fall behind. And last week, the first NWSL signing in the USL Super League was announced, with the Kansas City Current loaning midfielder Sophie Braun to Spokane Zephyr FC. The loan is set to last through the remainder of the NWSL season. Currently, players are not represented through a union, as the USL Players Association does not yet represent the women in the Super League. But Vandervort told The Athletic that she embraces the players’ right to organize.
“We don’t know how the women will choose to organize, so we’re excited about having those conversations with the players when they do organize,” she said. “Obviously, given my experience with FIFPro and that kind of union movement, I’m a big advocate for having players’ voices at the table as we build this league.” Where can I watch? In June, the league announced that it had signed a multi-year deal with Peacock, making it the home of the USL Super League.
All 115 matches will be available to stream on Peacock for fans in the United States. “NBC Sports and Peacock have raised the bar for soccer coverage in the United States, and their commitment to the USL Super League is a testament to what we are building,” Vandervort said in a release. “It affirms the Super League’s integral role in elevating women’s soccer and bringing more opportunities for players, coaches, and fans in the women’s game.”
Play begins on Saturday, Aug. 17 with a 7pm ET matchup between Carolina Ascent FC and DC Power FC. You can view the full schedule here.

Countdown to kickoff
6 Days until Tennessee opens the season at Indiana August 15

#6 Sarah Bridenstine
IMG_9801.jpegIMG_9808.jpeg
IMG_9809.jpeg

IMG_9829.jpeg
Statistics at Michigan
IMG_9830.png

CAREER HONORS

IMG_9804.jpegIMG_9827.jpeg
  • 2023 Lloyd Carr Award
  • 2023 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
  • 2022 CSC Academic All-District
  • 2022 Big Ten Distinguished Scholar
  • 2022 Academic All-Big Ten
  • 2021 Academic All-Big Ten

2023 - SENIOR (Michigan)

• Started in all 18 matches, playing 1,383 minutes for the third-highest mark on the team
  • Played 90 minutes in five matches
  • Posted multi-shot performances in three matches
  • Had two assists in 4-0 win over Maryland (10/1)
  • Tallied two assists in 3-2 win over Western Michigan (9/10)
  • Played 82 minutes while helping earn a clean sheet in 0-0 tie at #5 Virginia (8/24)

2022 - JUNIOR (Michigan)

• One of two Wolverines to start evey match, logging a team-high 1,534 minutes at outside back
  • Ranked fifth on squad in points (eight), marking three goals and two assists to go along with 11 shots
  • Played a full 90 minutes in a team-high 12 matches
  • Had a goal and an assist in the season-opening win against Washington State (8/18)

2021 - SOPHOMORE (Michigan)

Faced Tennessee in the NCAA Tournament (#15 Sarah Bridenstine Michigan) (#2 Jaida Thomas Tennessee)IMG_9826.jpeg
  • Saw action in 23 matches with 12 starts on the U-M defense
  • Totaled 1,303 minutes, playing the entire match on four occasions
  • Assisted on a game-winning goal during U-M's 1-0 win over Michigan State (10/14))
  • Had three shots against DePaul (9/5))

2020 - FRESHMAN (Michigan)

• Appeared in four matches, earning one start
  • Recorded her first collegiate assist during Michigan's 2-0 win over Minnesota (2/25)
  • Logged 103 minutes of action on the field

PERSONAL

• Sarah Catherine Bridenstine was born on Sept. 29, 2002
  • Daughter of Cathy Rittner and stepfather Rollie Rittner
  • Has four brothers and two sisters

Is Big+ on ESPN+ just like SEC Network+?
I think so
No, B1G+ is owned by FOX. It’s a separate streaming service than the B1G channel or FOX.

Not sure how long it will last but there is a code to get a month free. Do it ASAP because they only allow a limited amount for a limited time.
If it stops working, let me know and I can search for another one.

Use code: NEBRASKA24

Just make sure to cancel it before they would charge you next month. I’ll cancel right after the game.

See, it worked for me.
Oh, I downloaded the app, it works great.

IMG_9835.jpeg
IMG_9836.jpegIMG_9837.jpeg

No, B1G+ is owned by FOX. It’s a separate streaming service than the B1G channel or FOX.

Not sure how long it will last but there is a code to get a month free. Do it ASAP because they only allow a limited amount for a limited time.
If it stops working, let me know and I can search for another one.

Use code: NEBRASKA24

Just make sure to cancel it before they would charge you next month. I’ll cancel right after the game.

See, it worked for me.
Oh, I downloaded the app, it works great.

View attachment 665951
View attachment 665953View attachment 665954
More info to help out.

WHERE DO I WATCH B1G+?​

• 2 days ago
  • Updated
Make sure your streaming will work right by using a compatible device!

B1G+ can be watched on most PC browsers by visiting: https://www.bigtenplus.com

You can also download our B1G+ app via these devices:
  • Android phones or tablets
  • iPhones or iPads
  • Roku
  • Firestick
  • Apple TV
  • Xbox - no in-app payment option

Smart TV browsers do not support streaming B1G+ at the moment.

Having issues with any of these devices? Please let us know and use this template:
  • Device you are using (make and model)
  • Are you on the app or website?
  • Stream game players and date
  • If you are on the website, please tell us what browser you are using
  • Screenshot of the error, if available
  • Troubleshooting steps you have tried
Note:
You may use the same credentials to log in from another device. If you get an error message advising that you do not have access, it could be that your account was restricted and our system detected abuse.

To prevent being automatically blocked, please do not use more than 3 IP addresses in 3 hours.

In case your access gets blocked, please contact our support team through our chatbot.

This is where I got the code

IMG_9838.jpeg
Also helpful

HOW TO REDEEM A COUPON CODE​

• 2 days ago
  • Updated
Coupons are a great way to get a discount on your subscription. Let's get you started!

IMPORTANT: Coupons can only be redeemed through the B1G+ website.

After signing up or signing in, follow these instructions to redeem your coupon:
  1. On the B1G+ website, click SUBSCRIBE
    mceclip0.png
  2. Choose the subscription type that matches the coupon you received (it should say it on the email you received)
  3. On the checkout page, enter your coupon code and click APPLY

* You should see the updated total price right after you apply the coupon
  4. Enter your payment details and click PAY NOW
    * Note: If you use PayPal, please expect the PayPal Handling Fee added to the total

Countdown to kickoff
5 Days until Tennessee opens the season at Indiana August 15

#5 Jenna Stayart
IMG_9857.jpeg
IMG_9844.jpegIMG_9845.jpeg

BIOGRAPHY

CAREER HONORS

2022 - REDSHIRT SOPHOMORE

• Appeared in all 20 matches, starting two
  • Logged 678 minutes on the pitch and recorded 12 shots, half of which were on goal
  • Earned an assist on Jordan Fusco's third goal against Texas A&M

2022 - REDSHIRT FRESHMAN

IMG_9859.jpeg
  • Appeared in 15 matches with two starts and ranked tied for seventh on the team with six points (two goals, two assists).
  • Entered as a sub vs. Xavier in the NCAA Championships (11/11/22) and logged 49 minutes.
  • Started and logged 47 minutes in Tennessee's 2-0 win over Vanderbilt (10/27/22), which clinched a share of the SEC Eastern Division title.
  • Made the most of her 34 minutes on the pitch at Auburn (10/20/22), assisting on Kameron Simmonds' game-winning goalin the 74th minute.
  • Entered as a sub and logged 27 minutes of action during Tennessee's 4-1 win at Kentucky (9/25/22).
  • Booted a right-footed shot through a crowded box and found the bottom-left corner of the goal in the 81st minute of the shutout win over Queens University of Charlotte (9/11/22); she also logged her first career assist in the win, helping to set up a Kameron Simmonds goal in the 42nd minute.
  • Recorded her first collegiate goal in the 75th minute of Tennessee's 4-0 triumph over Bowling Green (8/31/22), taking a touch past a defender and hammering a shot far-post.
  • Entered Tennessee's home opener vs. #23 SMU (8/21/22) as a sub and fired two shots—one on goal—during 39 minutes in her collegiate debut.

2021 - REDSHIRT

• Stayart redshirted the 2021 campaign.
  • IMG_9846.jpeg
  • Stayart: "I chose to attend the University of Tennessee because I knew I wanted to play at a school that competes in the SEC conference, and immediately after visiting, Tennessee just felt like the perfect fit. I fell in love with the soccer program, the staff, the campus, and the overall atmosphere."

HIGH SCHOOL/CLUB

• Two-time All-State midfielder for Cary-Grove Community High School in Cary, Illinois
  • Rated as a three-star prospect by TopDrawerSoccer.com, who recognized Stayart as an Indiana 'State Star' for the 2018-19 season
  • Led her club team, Eclipse Select, to a No. 1 national ranking during the 2019-20 campaign
  • Named to the U15 ECNL National Playoffs Best XI in the summer of 2018
  • Earned All-Area, All-Sectional and All-Conference honors as a high school freshman and sophomore in 2018 and 2019, totaling 42 goals and 11 assists over those two seasons

PERSONAL

• Jenna Faith Stayart was born on Feb. 15, 2003
  • Daughter of Mary Stayart
  • A four-year honor roll member in high school
  • IMG_9848.jpeg

VN Store

Back