Lady Vols Soccer ⚽️ Ole Miss @ Tennessee 7PM Thursday 9/19 Regal Stadium (Admission is free)

I really appreciate that Kirt seemingly learned some things from last season, and it's paying off!
I noticed Kirt kept his back line of Kennedy Price, Ally Brown, Leah Klurman and Sarah Bridenstine on for the full 90.
It brought continuity to the team. With the four of them along with Ally Zazzara, Memphis couldn’t get through. They were a brick wall.
Also Luciano Latino and Dakota Brown were amazing defending as well. Great team performance defending last night.

I noticed Kirt kept his back line of Kennedy Price, Ally Brown, Leah Klurman and Sarah Bridenstine on for the full 90.
It brought continuity to the team. With the four of them along with Ally Zazzara, Memphis couldn’t get through. They were a brick wall.
Also Luciano Latino and Dakota Brown were amazing defending as well. Great team performance defending last night.
Absolutely. I also noted that he was subbing much less frequently. That consistency, particularly between the backline and Zazzara, is so important! Six shutouts 😮‍💨

Thought this was interesting. He essentially projects RPI, SoS, and where teams might be seeded. He thinks highly of our Lady Vols (more highly than I did at the beginning of the season 🫣)

Thought this was interesting. He essentially projects RPI, SoS, and where teams might be seeded. He thinks highly of our Lady Vols (more highly than I did at the beginning of the season 🫣)
Good stuff. And that was before the Memphis game. Did you ever imagine that the Lady Vols would keep both Memphis and UCLA scoreless?

Nope! I was super nervous about this season, but that defense is no joke.
Surely the Lady Vols soccer will get a national seeding in the new polls that come out next week. They tied number 9 and beat number 7. What more do the pollsters want? Anything less shows a bias and a lack of respect for the program.

Some articles from yesterday’s match.

Photos from the match

Last edited:
@StrangeVol
Wondering if you have been keeping up with the soccer team this year and what your thoughts are?
Hey Mad...and guys...yeah I've watched every televised match so far this season and I'm really impressed with our defense. The girls are locking our third down and our keeper is doing a very good job. :) The only issue is that we spend a LOT of time passing the ball in our defensive third and not building through mid field to get better shots.

On the other hand, I find our offense pretty weak. We get a fair number of shots on goal but the quality of most of those shots are not great. We seem to greatly prefer playing direct (long looping passes) from the defensive third rather than building an attack though the mid-field. Maybe we lack talent in the mid field...hard to say, but I don't like what I'm seeing too often.

So that's my short take. What do you guys see that I may be missing?

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!

Hey Mad...and guys...yeah I've watched every televised match so far this season and I'm really impressed with our defense. The girls are locking our third down and our keeper is doing a very good job. :) The only issue is that we spend a LOT of time passing the ball in our defensive third and not building through mid field to get better shots.

On the other hand, I find our offense pretty weak. We get a fair number of shots on goal but the quality of most of those shots are not great. We seem to greatly prefer playing direct (long looping passes) from the defensive third rather than building an attack though the mid-field. Maybe we lack talent in the mid field...hard to say, but I don't like what I'm seeing too often.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!
IMG_5626.png
If you’re on a phone, it’s best to save image, then zoom to read.

I post to note, @StrangeVol, seems objective, as noted in article.

Last edited:
Reactions: MAD

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!
Great analysis SV. We have a gifted athlete in freshman Reese Mattern, she is super fast. I think once the passing starts to click and they get her the ball in space, she can outrun anyone.

GO LADY VOLS!!!!!
our offense, surprisingly, seems weaker to me as well. I appreciate that Mac is shooting more and from further out because i think she's key to our offensive success. Sammi Woods was a great pickup in the portal as well. I am hoping the offense continues to gel with the midfield, so we can get away from the long ball tactics.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD

VN Store

Back