Lady Vols Soccer ⚽️ Ole Miss @ Tennessee 7PM Thursday 9/19 Regal Stadium (Admission is free)

I like the fact that our defense can slowly move the ball up-field. If I can move the ball from my defensive third to the middle third without pressure, that is always a win. We are able to do this because our opposition is choosing not to press and engage until the middle third? Why? Perhaps they might be worried about the speed and physicality of our forwards. Just a thought. Usually when a team presses its because they do not respect your ability to beat it. Others teams choosing not to press says something good about our team or bad about their own assessment of what the opposition team can or cannot do.

Reactions: chuckiepoo and MAD
I like the fact that our defense can slowly move the ball up-field. If I can move the ball from my defensive third to the middle third without pressure, that is always a win. We are able to do this because our opposition is choosing not to press and engage until the middle third? Why? Perhaps they might be worried about the speed and physicality of our forwards. Just a thought. Usually when a team presses its because they do not respect your ability to beat it. Others teams choosing not to press says something good about our team or bad about their own assessment of what the opposition team can or cannot do.
I like this view, feels like things are coming together and we are seeing Kirt’s vision.

This is disappointing.

Was excited to see former LV Cariel Ellis play in the A League in Australia, but it looks like it’s not happening. Hope she gets another opportunity to play professionally.

Cariel Ellis departs Melbourne City​

IMG_0704.jpeg

Melbourne City FC can announce that the Club and Cariel Ellis have agreed a mutual termination of the attacker’s contract at her request, allowing her to return to America due to personal reasons.

On behalf of everyone at Melbourne City FC, we would like to wish Cariel all the best for the future.

Reactions: brittannica
Surely the Lady Vols soccer will get a national seeding in the new polls that come out next week. They tied number 9 and beat number 7. What more do the pollsters want? Anything less shows a bias and a lack of respect for the program.
Tennessee jumps into the Top 25 of the Top Drawer Rankings for the first time this season at #23.

IMG_0711.gif

Midgley, Zazzara Earn SEC Weekly Honors​

IMG_0722.jpeg
Tennessee soccer's Mac Midgley and Ally Zazzara were both slated to SEC Weekly awards, the conference announced Monday.

Midgley was named SEC Co-Offensive Player of the Week as Zazzara was tabbed SEC Defensive Player of the Week.

Midgley, who has been firing on all cylinders for the Lady Vols, scored the lone goal during a 1-0 win over No. 5 Memphis. It marked her second goal of the season. The junior currently has three goal contributions and six shots on goal heading into SEC play.

Zazzara, who picked up her sixth-consecutive shutout, currently holds the fourth-best goals against average in the country with a .148 mark while also boasting a .933 save percentage.

UP NEXT: Midgley, Zazzara and the rest of the No. 23 Tennessee soccer team is set to open SEC play Thursday at home against Ole Miss for a 7 p.m. ET matchup.

Full List of Tennessee Soccer Weekly Awards:

SEC Freshman of the Week: Reese Mattern (Aug. 26, 2024)
Top Drawer Soccer's Team of the Week: Ally Zazzara (Sept. 9, 2024)
SEC Offensive Player of the Week: Mac Midgley (Sept. 16, 2024)
SEC Defensive Player of the Week: Ally Zazzara (Sept. 16, 2024)

VN Store

Back