⚽️ Tennessee Lady Vols Soccer

While I think UT deserved a 2, a 3 should not be their downfall if they can stay on focus and keep playing the way they have been this past month. I think they have a 3 because they haven't been a name player at the national level for a long time and because their out of conference matchups were mundane. The respect factor hurt them. But, with this bracket they avoid some real heavy hitters in UVa, Duke, Georgetown, TCU, Stanford, USC, UCLA and, most especially for the revenge factor, Arkansas.

I wouldn't bet on a UT v. Michigan match either. Wake Forest may be more dog than Michigan can walk. Go Vols!

If you are wondering why we got a 3 seed you have not watched us getting seeded in everything through out the years other than a random basketball year. It is a joke but with the freshman on this team we are not going away for awhile so they are going to have to deal with us.

I think the SEC got more teams into the tournament than the Big 10. Plus Michigan was a 3 seed in the Big 10 tournament and beat the #1 team in the tournament just like Tennessee did.
It’s been a few hours and I’m still mad. Lol.
NC with 12 total wins compared to our 18. The committee chair was praising a team for beating USF. Guess who also went on the road and beat USF this year…. That’s right - we did!

Game time set!

Vols Earn No. 3 National Seed; Host Lipscomb Friday in NCAA First Round

87B17651-6B27-4F52-922B-F249756A9B98.jpeg

KNOXVILLE, Tenn. -- For the first time since 2018, UT has made the NCAA Division I Women's Soccer Championship field, earning a No. 3 seed. No. 10 Tennessee will open the tournament at home against Lipscomb on Friday at 5 p.m., as revealed by the NCAA Selection Show Monday afternoon.

UT enters NCAA Tournament fresh off an SEC Tournament Championship and with an 18-2-0 record overall, having already tied the program record for single-season wins. Tennessee has been ranked in the top 25 of the United Soccer Coaches poll for 10 of 11 weeks this season and currently sits at No. 8 in the RPI.

The Vols and the Bisons have only met one time previously. That 2015 match ended in a 0-0 tie after two overtimes.

CHAMPIONSHIP SCHEDULE: All 32 first-round games will be held over three days this weekend, beginning a four-week march to the national title match. The Women's College Cup will be held Dec. 3 and Dec. 5 at Stevens Stadium in Santa Clara, Cali.

Here's a look at the weekly postseason schedule:

First Round - Nov. 12, 13 or 14
Second and Third Rounds - Nov. 19 and 21
Quarterfinals - Nov. 26 or 27
Women's College Cup – Dec. 3-5

TICKETS: First-round tickets are on sale through AllVols.com or by calling the Athletic Ticket Office during regular business hours (Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m.) at 865-656-1200. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children, students, and senior citizens. Group tickets (10 or more) are also available for $5 each by contacting the Ticket Office.

The first 100 UT students will receive free entry with a valid student ID. The Regal Soccer Stadium ticket booth, located outside the main entrance, will open 60 minutes before game time.

TENNESSEE'S NCAA HISTORY: Tennessee will be making its 13th overall NCAA Tournament appearance since 2001. UT has a 14-10-3 record in the tournament and has reached the Sweet 16 six times (2002, 2003, 2004, 2006, 2007, 2018). Danielle Marcano is Tennessee's all-time points leader in the NCAA championships, tallying 4 points on seven goals in her career (2015-2018).

HOSTING HISTORY: UT has hosted 16 NCAA tournament games, and the Vols are 13-2-1 in Knoxville early-round NCAA games.

Okay, now that I've slept I'm pretty much over my madness. I think Coach Pensky's quote about being pissed off about being disrespected is probably the best thing to do. The good news is that the team can use that fire their energy which will make them even more formidable. The bad news is that all fans like us can do is grind our molars flat...or kick the dog...repeatedly. Since I love my dog too much to ever do that I'll take "molar grinding" for $500 Alex (RIP).

Also, late last night it occurred to me that our bad loss to Vandy in the infamous "Wrestlemania" match probably cost us our two seed pretty much anyway you want to look at it, RPI, etc. Yet another reason to hate Vandy even more!

At the end of the day, if you want to win it all you have to beat everybody they put in your way no matter when or where the tournament takes you. We do intend to win it all don't we? ;)

Okay, now that I've slept I'm pretty much over my madness. I think Coach Pensky's quote about being pissed off about being disrespected is probably the best thing to do. The good news is that the team can use that fire their energy which will make them even more formidable. The bad news is that all fans like us can do is grind our molars flat...or kick the dog...repeatedly. Since I love my dog too much to ever do that I'll take "molar grinding" for $500 Alex (RIP).

Also, late last night it occurred to me that our bad loss to Vandy in the infamous "Wrestlemania" match probably cost us our two seed pretty much anyway you want to look at it, RPI, etc. Yet another reason to hate Vandy even more!

At the end of the day, if you want to win it all you have to beat everybody they put in your way no matter when or where the tournament takes you. We do intend to win it all don't we? ;)

Not too concerned with a 3 instead of a 2 seed. If reversed you still have to play to move on. Now a 4 is a different story having to go through the 1 earlier.

Get Seats!

TENNESSEE will host LIPSCOMB for the first round of the NCAA Tournament on Friday, November 12, at 5:00 pm ET. All seating is General Admission.

Tickets are $10 for Adults and $5 for Kids, Students and Seniors (65 and older).

Everyone, regardless of age, needs a ticket to enter.

Gates will open at 4:00 pm ET. The Regal Soccer Stadium ticket booth, located outside the main entrance, will open at 3:30 pm.

Parking will be free on a first come basis in the Soccer/Softball lot.

Reactions: Volfaninfl2
Question. Some are saying we would only get one home game. But, we would get two right?

VN Store

Back