10/12/24 Florida Game Visitor List

The 'curse' only exists in a few feeble minds. Just like the nonsensical battered Vol nonsense. We haven't been good enough to compete for a national title since 2001. So what in the hell have people been expecting? I always hope the team does well but it's obvious when you're really good and when you're not. And we've been not good more often than not in recent history.

The 'curse' only exists in a few feeble minds. Just like the nonsensical battered Vol nonsense. We haven't been good enough to compete for a national title since 2001. So what in the hell have people been expecting? I always hope the team does well but it's obvious when you're really good and when you're not. And we've been not good more often than not in recent history.
There’s no curse. But Tennessee does seem to have a psychological hang up in the Swamp. Most of the losses down there were to a superior team. But we were better last year, as well as in 2021. We pissed down our legs in both of those games.

1990-1999 7-3 (W) - Florida
- this was the Vols “Glory Years” we all love. Florida won 5 STRAIGHT from 1993- 1997.
Great Peyton never once tasted victory against the Gators…

2000- 2009 7-3 (W) - Florida
- We began to decline in 2005 with our last division championship in 2007. Florida out 50 on us in 2007. Florida won 2 National Championships during this era. Urban Meyer left after 2010.

2011- 2020 9-1 (W) - Florida
Florida beat us 4 TIMES during this era while they had a WORSE record than Tennessee…

2021 Florida 38- UT 14
2022 Tennessee 38- UF 33
- This was our best season in 20 years and it took a last second interception AT HOME to defeat a 5-7 Florida team…
2023 Florida 29- UT 16
- Tennessee 9-4, Florida sub. 500 again.

Florida is 25-8 against Tennessee from the beginning of Tennessees “Glory Years” til now.
Heupel is 1-2 against a Florida program that’s been in turmoil.

25-8 is NOT a rivalry…
Every damn season the same people will say
- “Florida sucks this year! We’re going to run through them”
And Florida most of the time wins regardless!!
There is a mental barrier there… you don’t have to agree. The results speak for themselves. Even during their worst years they had to Tennessee beat on.

I don’t care about Oklahoma or any other game we have played now.
FLORIDA is always the game we need to win to propel our season.

This Tennessee team in 2024 is very different tho…
We beat them this year. I would like to see a blowout. 58-10 Vols type blowout if possible

1990-1999 7-3 (W) - Florida
- this was the Vols “Glory Years” we all love. Florida won 5 STRAIGHT from 1993- 1997.
Great Peyton never once tasted victory against the Gators…

2000- 2009 7-3 (W) - Florida
- We began to decline in 2005 with our last division championship in 2007. Florida out 50 on us in 2007. Florida won 2 National Championships during this era. Urban Meyer left after 2010.

2011- 2020 9-1 (W) - Florida
Florida beat us 4 TIMES during this era while they had a WORSE record than Tennessee…

2021 Florida 38- UT 14
2022 Tennessee 38- UF 33
- This was our best season in 20 years and it took a last second interception AT HOME to defeat a 5-7 Florida team…
2023 Florida 29- UT 16
- Tennessee 9-4, Florida sub. 500 again.

Florida is 25-8 against Tennessee from the beginning of Tennessees “Glory Years” til now.
Heupel is 1-2 against a Florida program that’s been in turmoil.

25-8 is NOT a rivalry…
Every damn season the same people will say
- “Florida sucks this year! We’re going to run through them”
And Florida most of the time wins regardless!!
There is a mental barrier there… you don’t have to agree. The results speak for themselves. Even during their worst years they had to Tennessee beat on.

I don’t care about Oklahoma or any other game we have played now.
FLORIDA is always the game we need to win to propel our season.

This Tennessee team in 2024 is very different tho…
We beat them this year. I would like to see a blowout. 58-10 Vols type blowout if possible
In 2022, we had a 38-21 lead on uf, but they got a couple of late scores on us thanks to an onside kick and lacking defense

In Heupel’s 2nd year we made it to number 1 we are back into the top 10 in year 4. I would say this program is headed back to the national stage, but 1 game at a time. This conference requires to be ready every week. The competition will pick up, our intensity and focus has to continue. Block the noise and focus on the mission! GBO

There is not a curse. There never was one. There never will be one. We just need to go out there and kick their ass. The rest will take care of itself.
So if it’s not some kind of curse then what is it? How can teams like UK, SC and even Missouri beat UF but we can’t? Why couldn’t Fulmer hardly ever beat UF despite having the talent advantage? Even in 1998 we barely beat them.

VN Store

Back