105.1 chattanooga

VFL13

Can someone tell me if your from around here how these idiots still have this job? Wells is a moron. He just picked WKU to upset us. I mean I know it will be a tough game and all but come on. They just make the dumbest comments and talk about the most random things. There horrible. It's football time in Tennessee and yesterday they were talking about Ohio state. Really? Sorry to rant but just had to share that he picked them. Wasted radio show. Need Von santos back

I like Them better than the sport talk group. Wells is stupid but Jim and Haskew are solid

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 person
Can someone tell me if your from around here how these idiots still have this job? Wells is a moron. He just picked WKU to upset us. I mean I know it will be a tough game and all but come on. They just make the dumbest comments and talk about the most random things. There horrible. It's football time in Tennessee and yesterday they were talking about Ohio state. Really? Sorry to rant but just had to share that he picked them. Wasted radio show. Need Von santos back

What happened to Nick Van Santos or however u say his name?

They are not true fans IMO

Picked WKU to upset us? They must be regular posters here on VN

While it could happen - after all we have lost to teams like Wyoming and Nirth Texas State in the past, the hosts opens himself up to ridicule by saying it before we have seen the product on the field. IMO with Butch Jones in charge the game will not be close. We will not need late heroics to eke out a win like we did against UAB or Troy in recent years

Reactions: 3 people
This game won't even be close, I really don't know why people think bobby will all the sudden give Western Kentucky the ability to go on the road to Neyland and win.

Considering Troy almost beat us at home last season and Akron made a game of it last season at home....and given they have a head coach now that has had success against us.....anything is possible.....but highly unlikely!!!

Last edited:
Picked WKU to upset us? They must be regular posters here on VN

While it could happen - after all we have lost to teams like Wyoming and Nirth Texas State in the past, the hosts opens himself up to ridicule by saying it before we have seen the product on the field. IMO with Butch Jones in charge the game will not be close. We will not need late heroics to eke out a win like we did against UAB or Troy in recent years

These experts are overly critical of this team to call for these possible upsets. We have a coach now and are in good hands. WKU is not coming in here and beating us. Period. Butch is not letting us go out like that. The talent level is not garbage. Its amazing the minds of these analysts.

Considering Troy almost beat us at home last season and Akron made a game of it last season at home....and given they have a head coach now that has had success against us.....anything is possible.....but highly unlikely!!!

Dooley and Sal are gone and so is the 3-4. I don't see why people can't understand this.

105.1 from 3pm-6pm is awful.

It truly is the worst sport talk show I have ever heard.
Posted via VolNation Mobile

Agree. Wells is just terrible...terrible... Can't listen to him talk about anything. All his opinions are baseless and acts like he is an authority... Awful, terrible radio.

Thank goodness for the sports radio apps I can listen to on my Bluetooth.

David Paschall of Chattanooga TFP picked Kentucky to beat WKU...I believe we'll be fine.. Of course we have to see the game play out. I agree about Wells. He just a producer but is constantly trying to take over that spot with his "all knowing insight". The guy is a smarmy, pretentious know it all. Jim Gumm is no radio star but to his credit he tries to include Wells to keep the show flowing. Unfortunately, Wells takes full advantage and when he gets on a roll he won't shut up. Wouldn't be sorry to seem him go to another network.

talk radio in chatt totally sucks. but 105.1 is better than 102.3. sport talk(102.3) is freaking terrible!!! they literally have more commercials than would seem possible. and they don't really take calls. they'll just sit there talking about nothing while callers are holding, like theyre a syndicated espn show or something. They don't seem to understand they only have a show because audience members like to be able call and voice their opinions over the radio. And they guys are just straight up idiots. "cowboy joe" has a speech impairment, and even if he could speak properly...is a clown. he is from rhea county yet he roots for fsu. go figure. college football is about recognition of where youre from. I've never understood how someone from around here just decides I'll go root for this team because they have cool helmets. Just a joke. The other guy (doc I believe) is just a bitter old man. At least the other 2 root for tn.

Last edited:
The guy is a smarmy, pretentious know it all. Jim Gumm is no radio star but to his credit he tries to include Wells to keep the show flowing. Unfortunately, Wells takes full advantage and when he gets on a roll he won't shut up.
spot on...he loves the sound of his own voice for sure,

I agree on the 3:00 to whatever show... Not sure when it ends because I turn it off when it comes on.

Now the 1:00-3:00 show is a different story. It's fairly new and hosted by Jay Greeson (TimesFreePress Sports Editor) and David Paschall (longtime TFP SEC guy)...they call it Press Row.

Greeson is ok as long as Paschall is around. When Paschall is out (on Tuesdays since the season started), Greeson struggles while he is stuck with Wells (or whoever fills in). When Paschall is there, they are really good. Better than Treece.

Give 'em a listen...

Reactions: 2 people
talk radio in chatt totally sucks. but 105.1 is better than 102.3. sport talk(102.3) is freaking terrible!!! they literally have more commercials than would seem possible. and they don't really take calls. they'll just sit there talking about nothing while callers are holding, like theyre a syndicated espn show or something. They don't seem to understand they only have a show because audience members like to be able call and voice their opinions over the radio. And they guys are just straight up idiots. "cowboy joe" has a speech impairment, and even if he could speak properly...is a clown. he is from rhea county yet he roots for fsu. go figure. college football is about recognition of where youre from. I've never understood how someone from around here just decides I'll go root for this team because they have cool helmets. Just a joke. The other guy (doc I believe) is just a bitter old man. At least the other 2 root for tn.

I have to comment on this...

Sport Talk has been on the air for over 20 years. Their ratings are really good. It is an entertainment show. They don't try to be Swain or EA.

Dr. B is all Vol. He plays the role of a clown character, stirring the pot and wearing out the Tater Diggers out at every opportunity. Co-host Quake was the board op twenty years ago. He has grown and holds his own...but it is still 80% Doctor B.

Joe is ok. His role may be more than some would like. A couple of months ago, he was surprised to learn that Tim McCarver actually played MLB. Hello? I'm 46 and knew in the '70's that Joe Garagiola used to play the game. He likes FSU and the Lakers... Must be radiation damage from growing up close to Watts Bar nuclear plant.

Sport Talk gets trashed a lot on here. Quake and Dr. B are huge Vol fans. The show is NOT a sports news show. It is entertainment... and a hell of a lot more entertaining than anything on the animal.

Reactions: 3 people
I have to comment on this...

Sport Talk has been on the air for over 20 years. Their ratings are really good. It is an entertainment show. They don't try to be Swain or EA.

Dr. B is all Vol. He plays the role of a clown character, stirring the pot and wearing out the Tater Diggers out at every opportunity. Co-host Quake was the board op twenty years ago. He has grown and holds his own...but it is still 80% Doctor B.

Joe is ok. His role may be more than some would like. A couple of months ago, he was surprised to learn that Tim McCarver actually played MLB. Hello? I'm 46 and knew in the '70's that Joe Garagiola used to play the game. He likes FSU and the Lakers... Must be radiation damage from growing up close to Watts Bar nuclear plant.

Sport Talk gets trashed a lot on here. Quake and Dr. B are huge Vol fans. The show is NOT a sports news show. It is entertainment... and a hell of a lot more entertaining than anything on the animal.

Doctor b and quack are both vol fans at least, but they just have so many commercials. I used to listen to them almost everyday during football season on my way home from work. Often times they would be at commercial the entire ride home (about 15 minutes). And they really dont take that many calls, which is why I ultimately quite listening to them. I'm not trying to be a jerk about it but it's the truth. And somebody who grew up in Rhea County tn that roots for fsu just flat out isn't a football fan. They just don't comprehend the spirit of college football. It's about pride in your home state. And that's ok. You are free to be a bandwagon/fair weather fan...but what the hell is he doing on a local sport talk show if he's not really even much of a fan? Its like someone hosting a political talk show that isn't really into politics that doesn't even vote!

Dooley and Sal are gone and so is the 3-4. I don't see why people can't understand this.

While Fulmer was coach, we lost to Memphis, Wyoming & also Vanderbilt.

While Saban was coach, Bama lost to Louisana Monroe.

While Smith was coach, Arkansas lost to Western Kentucky.

While Phillips was coach, Kentucky lost to Western Kentucky.

So, even a well coached Alabama team by Saban can lose to Louisana Monroe.....

Because you and others still listened to the show. If you think their horrible save yourself the anxiety and just don't listen.

VN Store

Back