'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

this is mostly wishful thinking. while we all agree on the wishes, if he's out of shape, he's got some catching up to do.
Wishful thinking? Based on what? You are forming your opinion on some internet hearsay. Yeah, that's some solid info. Pfffft :loco:

Attachments

• robin-look-o.gif
    robin-look-o.gif
    2.2 MB · Views: 275
Last edited:
Wishful thinking? Based on what? You are basing your opinion on some internet hearsay. Yeah, you're really basing your opinion on solid info. Pfffft :loco:

"there are rumors that he may be well over his target weight, but i would like to think that he would recognize the need at defensive tackle and show up in incredible shape, especially with encouragement from the coaches."

^^ that's wishful thinking. not unfathomable ridiculousness, but wishful thinking.

Wishful thinking? Based on what? You are forming your opinion on some internet hearsay. Yeah, that's some solid info. Pfffft :loco:

You've made your point. You don't have to believe it. Don't start this vendetta against it because you hope it's not true. This is why people with info never post

Reactions: 2 people
"there are rumors that he may be well over his target weight, but i would like to think that he would recognize the need at defensive tackle and show up in incredible shape, especially with encouragement from the coaches."

^^ that's wishful thinking. not unfathomable ridiculousness, but wishful thinking.
Regardless, I find it extremely hard to believe he would balloon up, with the staff and other incoming freshmen on him constantly. That would be an instant ticket to CBJ's dog house.

hopefully he has a big dog house.

If 70-30 is that out of shape, he'll either get his tail whipped over the summer and have an impact, or he'll red shirt. Isn't the end of the world either way, so I guess we'll see.

He wouldn't have issue getting to 335ish before season. I went from 311 to 295 just during camp my freshman year in August.

You've made your point. You don't have to believe it. Don't start this vendetta against it because you hope it's not true. This is why people with info never post
You mean the same people who said the hiring of Butch Jones was just a smoke screen? Those were "reliable" sources. :rolleyes:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WovrPXMm3LQ[/youtube]

"someone else on the internet got something wrong so charles mosley is in great shape!"
I'm not saying he is in great shape...just ain't buying more internet hearsay that he's blown the coaches off and ballooned an additional 30lbs since he signed. He stated in the interview that the coaches were on him from the very start, to focus on his conditioning during this period.

I'm not saying he is in great shape...just ain't buying more internet hearsay that he's blown the coaches off and ballooned an additional 30lbs since he signed. He stated in the interview that the coaches were on him from the very start, to focus on his conditioning during this period.

That's fine. Just prepare yourself for the possibility instead of dismissing it entirely.

Official Football Roster - UTSPORTS.COM - University of Tennessee Athletics

Listed at 362 lbs on the team's website. Probably needs to drop 30-40 lbs to be in game shape.

We have Owen Williams, O'Brien, and Saulsberry as our primary DTs. Jancek likes to slide in Jordan Williams on the interior to free up Vereen and Maggitt on the outside. Not much depth, but Sawyers and Barnett will see time before Mosley, IMO.

I agree with Wu. I think he ultimately redshirts.

I agree that Sawyers and Barnett will see the field before Mosley does, but I don't think he redshirts. We are scary thin at DT (literally and figuratively, pardon the pun), so if Mosley can contribute at all we need him.

I predict Mosley takes a redshirt year in 2015 to learn how to play OG. Given how many stud DT recruits are expected to sign with us this year, I think Mosley's far more valuable this year than next.

As far as getting into playing shape, ten weeks is plenty of time to shed about 40 lbs. If you've ever watched "Biggest Loser," you'd know that a motivated person weighing north of 350 lbs can lose a ton of weight in a matter of weeks with just a simple diet and conditioning program.

I agree that Sawyers and Barnett will see the field before Mosley does, but I don't think he redshirts. We are scary thin at DT (literally and figuratively, pardon the pun), so if Mosley can contribute at all we need him.

We're actually deeper than most teams at DT but most of our candidates there are untested. Still, we have:
* Saulsberry
* O'Brien
* J. Williams (DE/DT)
* O. Williams
* Carson
* Mixon
* Sawyers
* Barnett (DT/DE)
* Robertson (DT/OG)
* Mosley (DT/OG)

That's 10 guys and I expect at least 8 of them will play (mostly) at DT. Even if he stays at DT, I don't think Mosley will be in the 3-deep this year unless we have some injuries.

I predict Mosley takes a redshirt year in 2015 to learn how to play OG. Given how many stud DT recruits are expected to sign with us this year, I think Mosley's far more valuable this year than next.

As far as getting into playing shape, ten weeks is plenty of time to shed about 40 lbs. If you've ever watched "Biggest Loser," you'd know that a motivated person weighing north of 350 lbs can lose a ton of weight in a matter of weeks with just a simple diet and conditioning program.

Biggest Loser contestants are not asked to play SEC DL

Just sayin' :)

Sawyers and Roberson would probably see time as freshmen first, unless it was third and short toward the end of the game when the 2 deep is gassed and they needed a giant plug.

I expect great things out of Jashon. He has been relentless with his workouts and meeting the expectations that the coaches have set for him. He's big, not fat boy big, but solid. With his combination of speed and size, I expect him to contribute somewhere immediately, and he is wiling to play wherever the coaches want him. He has a lot of experience on both sides of the ball, so that has got to be in his (and the team's) favor.

I am anxious for camp to begin to see how quickly the new guys can adjust and to see who has the potential to make an actual impact for the season.

Reactions: 5 people
I expect great things out of Jashon. He has been relentless with his workouts and meeting the expectations that the coaches have set for him. He's big, not fat boy big, but solid. With his combination of speed and size, I expect him to contribute somewhere immediately, and he is wiling to play wherever the coaches want him. He has a lot of experience on both sides of the ball, so that has got to be in his (and the team's) favor.

I am anxious for camp to begin to see how quickly the new guys can adjust and to see who has the potential to make an actual impact for the season.

Glad to hear it.

Any inside info on the QB mess for us?

VN Store

Back