'14 TN OL/DL Charles Mosley (UT Signee 2/5/14)

I expect great things out of Jashon. He has been relentless with his workouts and meeting the expectations that the coaches have set for him. He's big, not fat boy big, but solid. With his combination of speed and size, I expect him to contribute somewhere immediately, and he is wiling to play wherever the coaches want him. He has a lot of experience on both sides of the ball, so that has got to be in his (and the team's) favor.

I am anxious for camp to begin to see how quickly the new guys can adjust and to see who has the potential to make an actual impact for the season.

You said he's willing to play wherever, but does he prefer one side of the line over another?

I haven't really dug around on this '15 class much. I will see what I can find out though.

Get your shovel. We need another qb like pdq. Also, curious if JH has any problems with how this last NFL draft went when its obvious RB's are not priority anymore.. Not trying to get the debate started, just curious since he's a specimen who could play several positions that are more coveted these days.

Get your shovel. We need another qb like pdq. Also, curious if JH has any problems with how this last NFL draft went when its obvious RB's are not priority anymore.. Not trying to get the debate started, just curious since he's a specimen who could play several positions that are more coveted these days.

There weren't any highly drafted because there weren't any deserving to be drafted that high. The feature back doesn't have the glamour it used to in the league but a stud back will still be drafted in the first round.

Reactions: 1 person
A friend on the team says hes at 372, and that the coaches are really on the new guys to get them up to speed.

Doesnt sound like he came in where the coaches wanted him to be, like some of you have discussed already.

Yes, it's frustrating for him. Any RB that loves to run the ball and do well at his position has be be upset with how devalued the position has become. Yet, like another poster commented, Hurd felt there weren't really any "studs" coming out this year and he commented on wanting to see how Gurley gets treated in the draft next year.

He could play several different positions right now - very well. Yet, he made a commitment to TN to be a RB, and that is what he is going to do. Not too many guys can do what he does at his size. 6'3.5 with a 3.9 shuttle. It's just "unhurd" of. :) So, his hopes are to be so good running, receiving, pass pro, etc. with his size and speed, that he'll be a very valuable asset to any team in the future.

Reactions: 13 people
Yes, it's frustrating for him. Any RB that loves to run the ball and do well at his position has be be upset with how devalued the position has become. Yet, like another poster commented, Hurd felt there weren't really any "studs" coming out this year and he commented on wanting to see how Gurley gets treated in the draft next year.

He could play several different positions right now - very well. Yet, he made a commitment to TN to be a RB, and that is what he is going to do. Not too many guys can do what he does at his size. 6'3.5 with a 3.9 shuttle. It's just "unhurd" of. :) So, his hopes are to be so good running, receiving, pass pro, etc. with his size and speed, that he'll be a very valuable asset to any team in the future.

I wouldn't worry about draft stuff. As he mentioned there was not an elite back. If there were someone was taking them. Their will always be a place for a great running back and at the end of the day the running back gets his money regardless of draft position.

A friend on the team says hes at 372, and that the coaches are really on the new guys to get them up to speed.

Doesnt sound like he came in where the coaches wanted him to be, like some of you have discussed already.

No way he is 372lbs. He just told 247 last week he was down to 340.

Reactions: 2 people

I think if Gurley stays healthy it will be an excellent indicator for him. I can just see talented kids being steered toward other positions because of these new pass first offenses. When I say kids, I'm not referring to the typical 5'8 rb, I'm talking about specimens like JH who can play anywhere, but choose their favorite spot.

At this rate he might as well take his talents on the road with Ralphie May and Gaberial Iglesias on the fat comedians tour.

He ain't playing too much football at that weight but he is definately the best quote of the incoming class.

Gurley will go first round if he stays healthy.

I'm glad he's a Vol, no doubt, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Big Dan...a soft teddy bear that's hard to motivate to be physical with his size.

I'm glad he's a Vol, no doubt, but I hope he doesn't turn out to be another Big Dan...a soft teddy bear that's hard to motivate to be physical with his size.

Same thoughts here. Luckily we have 6 years instead of 2 to whip him into shape.

No way he is 372lbs. He just told 247 last week he was down to 340.
He must've dropped a 30+ brick in the John, prior to the interview? Folks here are absolutely convinced, based on hearsay, that he's overweight, won't ever play and no good to nobody. They sure love to hate on our players, up in here. :loco:

Having seen Charles as recently as this morning, I can tell you that he carries that weight well. It certainly isn't apidose (for the most part). However it is obvious that he could stand to lose some lbs., but the overall feeling here is that his frame can carry a lot of weight and still appear athletic.

Reactions: 4 people
He must've dropped a 30+ brick in the John, prior to the interview? Folks here are absolutely convinced, based on hearsay, that he's overweight, won't ever play and no good to nobody. They sure love to hate on our players, up in here. :loco:

He has a recent pic in his twitter. If he is 370 then he is a slim 370.

Will he start out on the DL or the OL? Have seen both mentioned as speculation on where he ends up. Maybe OL?

I know from coaches that recruited him that his work ethic is a major liability. Keep living in a fantasy world where everyone gets their info from Brent Hubbs though.

VN Store

Back