'15 IN QB Tommy Stevens

I've actually heard good things about him. Haven't checked his film out yet. Seems like a backup plan, but possibly a good one

TOP PERFORMERS - BEST OF THE MIDWEST

12. QB TOMMY STEVENS, INDIANAPOLIS DECATUR CENTRAL
There are differing opinions on Stevens, and part of that may be due to the two-star quarterback being inconsistent. Even on Monday, there were times when he was not hitting his spots or the ball didn't come off his hand right, but then there were times when he got in a groove and really hummed some impressive passes. The throws where he was on were impressive enough that the 6-foot-4, 190-pounder took home quarterback MVP honors.

-Rivals

TOP PERFORMERS - BEST OF THE MIDWEST

Ron - I don't have a Rivals subscription, but tried to find who the QBs were in attendance at this event. Do you by chance have that info?

Thanks

Didn't see anything listed on Rivals but did a quick google search and found this scout article with the participants.

Scout.com: 2014 Best of the Midwest Combine Preview

Quarterbacks
Ramone Atkins- Gary West Side, IN- 2015
Clay Bolin- Lexington Lafayette, KY- 2016
Kyle Castner- Ben Davis, IN- 2015
Pat Ford- Walsh Jesuit, OH- 2016
Timmy Herrin- Terre Haute South- 2015
Tyree Jackson- Mona Shores, MI- 2015
Hunter Johnson- Brownsburg, IN- 2017*
Kyle Kaparos- Upper Arlington, OH- 2015
Austin Kendall- Charlotte Christian, NC- 2016 (BCS offers)
Saalih Muhammad- Springfield Shawnee, OH- 2016
Riley Neal- Yorktown, IN- 2015
Aaron Slone- Madison Southern, KY- 2016
Tommy Stevens- Decatur Central, IN- 2015 (BCS offers)

Another article on the event...

Best of the Midwest Combine 2014 top performers - Land-Grant Holy Land

QB Tommy Stevens, Indianapolis (IN) Decatur Central

When it came to quarterbacks, Stevens was in a class of his own. He has solid throwing mechanics and is also a very good athlete who has the ability to tuck and run the ball if need be. Indiana is probably the team to beat for him, but he could be close to earning an offer from Michigan State.

QB: Tommy Stevens, Indianapolis (Ind.) Decatur Central, took home position MVP honors according to the camp coaches. A really good athlete that was consistent throughout the day. Iowa and Indiana are his best relationships at this point in the recruiting process, with a Michigan State visit on the horizon.
Best Of The Midwest Combine All-Combine Team

He's got an offer from Iowa as a safety. Several others have offered at quarterback. On Monday, Stevens looked every bit the part of a major college arm. All of 6-foot-4, Stevens ran and tested well in the combine portion but he also showed touch and accuracy as a passer. His dream offer is Oregon and he has already attracted some interest from the Ducks.
Best of the Midwest Combine Superlatives and Top performers

Only completed 49% of his passes last year:
Tommy Stevens' (Indianapolis, IN) High School Football Stats

Stevens was at UT Junior Day over the weekend. He now has an offer from Michigan State.

"Michigan State was the offer today and I am really excited about them," Stevens said. "I would say probably mid-way through my junior season was when I first started talking with them. They recruited one of our offensive tackles, Lukayus McNeil, pretty heavily and were in a lot."

"I watched a lot of college football, so I happened to watch a lot of Michigan State and Big Ten football," Stevens said. "I was really impressed with the things they did this year. They are a really, really good football team and the sky is the limit again for them this year."

"I actually just got home from Tennessee yesterday," Stevens said. "I went there for their visit on Saturday and it was a really good trip there. They said they are going to come out in April when the dead period ends and just have to see me throw again."

"They told me that I would play quarterback at Michigan State," Stevens said. "The only offers I have at safety are Purdue and Iowa." Stevens does not have a preference which side of the football he plays in college, though he feels his upside may be greatest at quarterback. As a junior he threw for over 1,500 yards and 13 touchdowns while rushing for 800 yards and seven more scores.

-Rivals

VN Store

Back