2:20 Tip time on Sunday - CBS

Purdue has been a thorn in our sides recently knocking us out in the 2019 tourney when we had a really good team that year with Grant and Admiral that loss really hurt cause I thought we were the better team coming in. Then beating us in the Music city bowl in football in 2021 and beating us again earlier this season in bball, we definitely owe them some payback.

Last edited:
With all due respect, I think the NCAA and the Elite Eight could wait until Monday night to get it on. You know, just out of respect for the most significant thing that happened in the history of the human race. But hey, let's not let the salvation and redemption of humanity and the earth get in the way of bread and circuses. I know all people on here aren't Christians, but I'll bet 90 or so percent are--just like the USA...and that is enough to carry some weight, right?

But, I know if they did put it off, we'd just be watching golf or soccer anyway, so might as well bring it on. We are what we have become....Go Vols!

With all due respect, I think the NCAA and the Elite Eight could wait until Monday night to get it on. You know, just out of respect for the most significant thing that happened in the history of the human race. But hey, let's not let the salvation and redemption of humanity and the earth get in the way of bread and circuses. I know all people on here aren't Christians, but I'll bet 90 or so percent are--just like the USA...and that is enough to carry some weight, right?

But, I know if they did put it off, we'd just be watching golf or soccer anyway, so might as well bring it on. We are what we have become....Go Vols!
Everyone should be in church at 2:20 pm ?

I'm convinced that some people will complain about anything.

All that whining and. . . . Did our guys look tired or disinterested last night?

Sunday afternoon is awesome for a tip to go to the FF. The weather looks great, get back from church and fire up the grill, gather the whole family around the game, . . .

Most services are over by noon or 1 PM at the latest, and most of us are in the east. This game starts later than NFL games, which always started too early for my pastor when I lived in Tennessee (somehow not a problem in New York, maybe because we start the service earlier).

This big problem for the date and time for me is social stuff for the church that has little to do with theology and a lot to do with fellowship. Early afternoon is a good time for Easter egg hunts. I think most of the folks in my church will be moving on to their family time at that point, however.

Reactions: NATHAN05
Most services are over by noon or 1 PM at the latest, and most of us are in the east. This game starts later than NFL games, which always started too early for my pastor when I lived in Tennessee (somehow not a problem in New York, maybe because we start the service earlier).

This big problem for the date and time for me is social stuff for the church that has little to do with theology and a lot to do with fellowship. Early afternoon is a good time for Easter egg hunts. I think most of the folks in my church will be moving on to their family time at that point, however.
Easter should be in April anyway.

Ya was hoping for the 4pm tip as I’ll be at work until 430. I’ll be tuned in some way.

VN Store

Back