20 Surgeries Since Last Season?

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
That's a lot of injuries. How do you all think that compares with other big time schools? Is it lack of conditioning or could it be due to the intensity of our practices/scrimmages? Or is it just a case of bad luck?

Surgeriess Mounting for Vols

I think it all goes back to johnny long (strength and conditioning coach). Seems like we've had a heck of a lot more injuries since he came along. :blink:

I think it's bad luck and strength and conditioning. 2002 was a horrible season because of injuries....then last year, we lose 2 QB's and a bunch of other guys.

Other schools have injury problems, but I bet you money that they are not reading about them in EVERY article like we are.

my point exactly. since long has been here we've had more injuries. seems like we didn't have this problem with stucky all the time.

We won't be winning much of anything with half the starters in bandages.....

I've posted before and I will say it again. I think we have way too many injuries. That's why I jokingly say that our real name could be Injury University.

Something isn't right and somebody needs to take a closer look!

Maybe its because we are the only school that has to read about every single bump in a newspaper! How many other schools put there injury business out there like we do.

Well I can guarantee that the papers in Bammerville report every hang nail - which by the way have cost the Tide 2 or 3 NC's over the last few years.

They'd have been whupping SoCal in the BCS if Brodie was healthy... :lol: :withstupid:

i think it is alot of old injuries that we have let linger and that the players have had to play through. fulmer is using the spring to get them all under the knife and ready for what could be a very nice season.

Originally posted by volinbham@Apr 8, 2005 4:15 PM
Well I can guarantee that the papers in Bammerville report every hang nail - which by the way have cost the Tide 2 or 3 NC's over the last few years.

They'd have been whupping SoCal in the BCS if Brodie was healthy... :lol: :withstupid:

They crack me up everytime I hear that :dlol: :eek:lol: :dlol:

VN Store

Back