2004 in review..

The bad....

....news of this morning of the passing of Reggie White. One of the greatest VOLS ever.

:banghead: :banghead: :banghead:

Good:
Addition of Trooper Taylor
Good all around coaching effort, game prep etc...
Heart of the Vols to battle injurys to win the SEC East...

Bad:
Bonehead decisions by some Vols off the field...
Man those doggone injuries once again...
ND loss,(personal for me really, still a little frustrating for me!)

Overall:
Very very proud of this staff and team...
Great Job this year!!
Proud to be a new VASF member...

The Good:
A ten win season (if we beat A&M)
Beating Florida and Georgia
Showing everybody up with freshman QB's

The Bad:
The injuries
The pass coverage

The Ugly:
The first game against Auburn
Making Vandy and Kentucky look competent
The ND pick

It was a love/hate season for me. Loved that we managed a 9 win season, pending on a 10 win, hated how we looked while doing it. It feels sometimes as if we're not worthy of the 9 wins we got... But, in retrospect, it's a 9 win season, not a 9 win season that looked pretty bad at times.

The good

Beating Florida, Georgia and Bama.
The freshman QB's
Riggs running it up on Auburn
Going to the SECCG.

The Bad

Losing to Notre Dame (that game hurt us in a lot of ways).
Losing Kevin Simon and our freshman QB's to injuries amongst others.
Getting beat by Auburn 2 times in a season.

The Ugly

Our defensive secondary.
Most of our wins.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Dec 26, 2004 3:10 PM
The good

Beating Florida, Georgia and Bama.
The freshman QB's
Riggs running it up on Auburn
Going to the SECCG.

The Bad

Losing to Notre Dame (that game hurt us in a lot of ways).
Losing Kevin Simon and our freshman QB's to injuries amongst others.
Getting beat by Auburn 2 times in a season.

The Ugly

Our defensive secondary.
Most of our wins.

The good-

Beating all of our rivals
Jesse Mahelona having an absolute awesome season
Two 1,000 yard rushers (a credit to Trooper Taylor)
Erik Ainge and Brent Schaeffer

The bad-

Getting rocked by Auburn
James Banks and Brandon Johnson getting kicked off team
Kevin Simon injured in only second game

The ugly-

The secondary
Special teams

What to look forward to-

We return Gerald Riggs, Ainge, Schaeffer, Mahelona, Allen(hopefully),and Simon
Several top recruits (lamarcus coker, d morley, jonathon crompton)

good

the gay davids from ga are gone. :D

the bad.

spurrier is back and urban meyer is arriving.

i thought i would do a good-bad preview for next season. lol.

everytime the vols step on the field is great enough for me. I WILL BLEED ORANGE FOR LIFE NO MATTER WHAT THE RECORD. THANKS GUYS
:pepper:

Good - going to SECCG with freshmen Qbs and all the injuries, D-line and LB play all yr

Bad- Losing to the wee little people, the BCS

Ugly- our secondary, coach bashing, and the total disrespect we got in both polls this yr

:naughty: THE GOOD: only three starters flunked out of the bowl

:bad: THE BAD: ran out of over-inflated freshman QB's

:shakeit: THE UGLY: no national championship, no SEC championship, no heisman candidates, no chance in bowl game, no chance of beating SC for the next ten years, no third, fourth, or fifth chance against AUB, and did i mention no CHAMPIONSHIPS.

Originally posted by RealityBITES@Dec 27, 2004 9:01 PM
:naughty: THE GOOD: only three starters flunked out of the bowl

:bad: THE BAD: ran out of over-inflated freshman QB's

:shakeit: THE UGLY: no national championship, no SEC championship, no heisman candidates, no chance in bowl game, no chance of beating SC for the next ten years, no third, fourth, or fifth chance against AUB, and did i mention no CHAMPIONSHIPS.

I am assuming that you are a gamecock. How many Championships has South Carolina won? Seems everyone thought that Holtz would lead the gamecocks to the promised land, but that never happened. Now, you all are going to say the same things now that the mad hatter is coaching your team. Maybe you all should actually do something before ya start talking smack. At least we are able to list the good, bad and ugly. In SC's case it would just be the bad, the bad and the ugly. :dlol:

I have noticed that volfolks assume all the time-i assume you are a SC fan,i assume you are an AUB fan, i assume you are an AL fan---i assume we will go undefeated this year, i assume we will win the SEC championship, i assume we will be the national champs. Well once again your assumption has made :shakeit: u. I am a football fan. i admire those teams, coaches, and programs that honer the sport and its traditions. I assume you know i'm not talking about TN. I don't respect a brazen, rude, unrealistic and morally corrupt program and fan base. I assume you know I AM speaking of TN. Good luck in your bowl.

Originally posted by RealityBITES@Dec 28, 2004 12:45 AM
I have noticed that volfolks assume all the time-

I assume you are an a-hole. :eek:lol:

:clap: ELOQUENT AND THOUGHTFUL- True example of Vol integrity however once again you have assumed wrong-I guess that makes an :shakeit: out of you.

I have a sneeky feeling that this guy is at least related to if not truthteller in disguise, either way :biteme:

Originally posted by RealityBITES@Dec 28, 2004 10:24 AM
:clap: ELOQUENT AND THOUGHTFUL- True example of Vol integrity however once again you have assumed wrong-I guess that makes an :shakeit: out of you.

Right, right. . . .unlike the unbiased scholarly expert you are.

This year's team lost only 2 games, one to a "should-be" National Champion Auburn team, and one only after back-to-back fluke injuries to starting QB's. We're returning a lot of starters and look to compete for an SEC championship (and maybe NC) next year.

"No Heisman Candidates" -- what a knock. Geez, that must make us a crappy team, since there are three to five each year AND it's an individual award, NOT a team effort.

With reference to "traditions" -- you might reference the Sporting News's "College Football Cathedrals" article or Sports Illustrated's "College Football Weekends." (Both rank Neyland and UT as #1, guess they are poorly-thought out, as well).

As for our coach -- check the record, beeotch.

And finally, as for your Gamecocks, as they embark on a ten-year unbeaten streak against UT, I'd look at their recent success before taking your money to Vegas. Oh, and enjoy sitting at the top of the basement (#4) in the SEC East. That's where you'll be staying, provided that you don't drop below Vandy and Kentucky once Steve gets bored of trying to jump-start the program in a hell-hole town like Columbia.

Merry Chrstmas, and good luck watching us play in our bowl.

Originally posted by RealityBITES@Dec 28, 2004 10:24 AM

Sorry Truthteller - I had a sudden urge to state the obvious . . .

Originally posted by RealityBITES@Dec 28, 2004 12:45 AM
i admire those teams, coaches, and programs that honer the sport and its traditions. I assume you know i'm not talking about TN. I don't respect a brazen, rude, unrealistic and morally corrupt program and fan base.

Well, at least I don't have to ASSUME that you are an Alabubba fan. :finger: Oh and if you are going to "honer" a program, at least spell it right. HONOR! Class dismissed.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood+Dec 28, 2004 12:43 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Orangewhiteblood @ Dec 28, 2004 12:43 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-RealityBITES@Dec 28, 2004 12:45 AM
i admire those teams, coaches, and programs that honer the sport and its traditions. I assume you know i&#39;m not talking about TN. I don&#39;t respect a brazen, rude, unrealistic and morally corrupt program and fan base.

Well, at least I don&#39;t have to ASSUME that you are an Alabubba fan. :finger: Oh and if you are going to "honer" a program, at least spell it right. HONOR&#33; Class dismissed. [/quote]
There ya go&#33;&#33;

:p

VN Store

Back