2005 Depth Chart

gobravesvols16

QB Ainge/Clausen/Schaffer(if he stays)/Crompton(RS)
HB Riggs/Foster/Williams/Coker
FB Anderson/Holbert
T Toeaina/Sears/Young/Jones
G Douglas/Smith/Scott/Rawls
C Gandy/McNeil
TE Brown/Reed/B.Cottam/J.Cottam
WR Hannon/Fayton/Smith/
WR Meachem/Swain/Shelley

DE Haralson/X.Mitchell/Hall/Reynolds/Henderson/Richard
DT Mahelona/McBride/Harrell/Harris/McDaniel/Bolden
OLB Gaither/Simon/Brooks/Ayers/McCoy
MLB J.Mitchell/Poe/Mathis/G.Williams

This is where it gets interesting.

CB Allen/Hefney/Fellows/Stewart/Hardesty
S Morley/Campbell/Parrish/Myers-White/Cox

What do you think? How do you think the secondary will shape up?

Read today in the Tennessean that Jomo Fagan & Boulware are not returning to the team. Boulware is concentrating on track and I don't think the paper gave Fagan's reason.

I think it will be a dogfight for the backup RB spot between Williams, Coker, & Foster. What were Williams and Foster's ratings out of HS?

Williams was a 4-star and Foster was a 3-star. From what I've read/heard they really like Foster. Williams is a speed back.

Wow, great minds.

We posted this 2 minutes apart.

I must go compare now. :D

Originally posted by Jefw@Feb 3, 2005 2:26 PM
I think it will be a dogfight for the backup RB spot between Williams, Coker, & Foster.

You know how Fulmer is with the RB blocking assignments though. Whoever does the best with that will have the edge to come in for Riggs. Unless one of them is superior to the others.

We were pretty close huh? I forgot about Yancey. I left Myers-White, Hardesty and Richard off my original list. I have updated it. I think you flip-flop Stewart and Myers-White. At 6'3" Myers-White fits the safety mold. There will be some good competition at the TE,DE,CB,S positions. The OL appears to be set and very solid.

Hardesty will be an RB.
Harris DT will be lucky to see the field. The best hope is for T. McDaniel to get a 2nd chance.

Surely Hardesty or Coker will redshirt. Given Williams and Foster have had a year to learn the playbook, I think the backup role will be between them because of their blocking ability. If there can be any good to come out of Riggs immaturity over the last couple of years, it should serve as a guide of what not to do for these other young backs.

VN Store

Back