2005 Sec Schedules

I think it comes earlier with the Fla. game. and doesn't get any easier as we go along. If we go undefeated with this schedule no one could deny us a spot in the championship game. With this schedule we might could even play for the NC with one loss but probably not.

I'm with you TBALL. Those two road trips in September are real mothers. But at least if we lose one of them, we've still got 8 or 9 games to climb back up the ladder and make everyone forget.

It's not pretty -- we always have Florida and Alabama on the road in the same year, but to add LSU and what will be a confident Notre Dame is brutal! However, this year has proven than winning the toughest conference in the country in convincing fashion isn't enough to overcome a low preseason ranking, as long as the higher-ranked teams keep winning (albeit over inferior teams). We'll need a clean run through the year, an SEC title, and a little help from our friends out West (could somebody please pull an upset sometime????).

Just for kicks, anybody like to see Spurrier start 2-3?

Originally posted by kiddiedoc@Feb 8, 2005 3:46 PM

Looking at that schedule, I'd almost say that it is probable. If they get through that stretch with 2 losses, they will have done well.

Looks like every team has a tough schedule. No wonder our teams are so banged up at the end of the year. Looks like its going to be a war in the sec east. I hate to say it but I think Alabama may take the west.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Feb 8, 2005 5:05 PM
I hate to say it but I think Alabama may take the west.

Nah, they will screw it up somehow.

Originally posted by GAVol+Feb 8, 2005 3:52 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (GAVol @ Feb 8, 2005 3:52 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-kiddiedoc@Feb 8, 2005 3:46 PM

Looking at that schedule, I&#39;d almost say that it is probable. If they get through that stretch with 2 losses, they will have done well. [/quote]
I hope they go 3-2. Better for us and plus that means that they will ahve beaten Bama. I will pull for Spurrier over Bama anyday of the week.

BUCK FAMA

Wow&#33;&#33;&#33; Arkansas AT USC&#33; Could get very ugly for the Hogs. More especially without Matt Jones. On the other hand, Arkansas is one of those teams if they show up ready to play, they can be a real headache for teams.

Originally posted by Fadeproof@Feb 8, 2005 5:05 PM
Looks like every team has a tough schedule. No wonder our teams are so banged up at the end of the year. Looks like its going to be a war in the sec east. I hate to say it but I think Alabama may take the west.

I&#39;d hope they take the West...that way hopefully, if we make it, we can beat them twice in one year......Nothing sweeter than beating the Bammer&#39;s twice in one year ;) :D

I&#39;d hope for that, too. The west was going to be LSU until Saban left, and if Bama doesn&#39;t take the west now, they will prove themselves as being truly worthless.

Now Milo, you and I both know that they&#39;ve already proved themselves as being worthless LOL :bammer:

Personally, i have to say, as a critic and not a fan(which i am), that we will run the table in the regular season and the SEC Championship, but will eventually get beat by USC in the National Championship 27-14, but i dont know we could take it all but im not going to get my hopes up. Anyways, i cant wait to go down to Gainseville and destroy the gators

Originally posted by tucker01@Feb 8, 2005 7:23 PM
Personally, i have to say, as a critic and not a fan(which i am), that we will run the table in the regular season and the SEC Championship, but will eventually get beat by USC in the National Championship 27-14, but i dont know we could take it all but im not going to get my hopes up. Anyways, i cant wait to go down to Gainseville and destroy the gators

I would love to go down there and take them out to wood shed and give them a beating but I don&#39;t think it will be that easy....It might be though you never know, but with it being a rivalry game I don&#39;t see it happening :(

Yes. Urban Meyer could very well be the biggest threat in the SEC, and he needs to be treated as such. You don&#39;t ignore the kind of talent the Gators have.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 8, 2005 8:05 PM
Yes. Urban Meyer could very well be the biggest threat in the SEC, and he needs to be treated as such. You don&#39;t ignore the kind of talent the Gators have.

:snoring:

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 8, 2005 9:11 PM
Thank God you don&#39;t coach the Vols.

:biteme:

maybe you can explain your infatuation with urban meyer

I don&#39;t like the fact that many, including you, are sleeping on the idea that we WILL beat Florida. The fact is the Gators DO have a lot of talent, and Urban Meyer has yet to coach one game in the SEC, so nobody has any right to say whether or not he will do well. Speculation is the best that anybody can do, and speculation is barely worth a damn.

One thing&#39;s for sure. We&#39;ll be the first to know if the Gators are back or not.

That&#39;s the truth. We will have little idea as to how Meyer is going to run things, so we&#39;re basically just going to have to have our guys at peak performance to ensure the win.

Originally posted by milohimself@Feb 8, 2005 9:27 PM
I don&#39;t like the fact that many, including you, are sleeping on the idea that we WILL beat Florida. The fact is the Gators DO have a lot of talent, and Urban Meyer has yet to coach one game in the SEC, so nobody has any right to say whether or not he will do well. Speculation is the best that anybody can do, and speculation is barely worth a damn.

you made my point for me.........urban meyer has yet to coach a game in the SEC

granted he is not a player and will not be out there getting hit but it will be vastly different from BG and Utah

btw, chris leak=overrated. we will break him next year

Originally posted by JSB2277+Feb 8, 2005 9:32 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (JSB2277 @ Feb 8, 2005 9:32 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-milohimself@Feb 8, 2005 9:27 PM

granted he is not a player and will not be out there getting hit but it will be vastly different from BG and Utah

btw, chris leak=overrated. we will break him next year [/quote]
I agree with you that Leak is overrated. Not saying he won&#39;t have a breakout year, but has there ever been more hype for a QB that loses 5 games a year?

I also agree with Milo though. With all the talent at Florida, any coach worth his salt should be able to win there. People forget that Meyer&#39;s last stop before Bowling Green was as an assistant at Notre Dame. He&#39;s seen big time football before.

Originally posted by JSB2277@Feb 8, 2005 6:32 PM

Sure, he could come out and suck next year. But the odds are just as much that he could come into the SEC and start rocking faces left and right off the bat.

well beating florida will be a confidence booster because they will probably be favored because their at home and they have a great new coach

VN Store

Back