3. Texas
4. Arizona
5. Connecticut
6. Memphis
7. UCLA
8. Louisville
9. Georgetown
10. Duke

Tennessee wont get much respect in the early rankings at the start of the season

That doesn't really bother me. With football, you have to be in a position to start the year to even be able to make a run.

Tennessee just has to win games, make the tournament, then repeat step one.

My projection...

1. Kansas
2. UNC
3. Texas
4. Arizona
5. Connecticut
6. Memphis
7. UCLA
8. Louisville
9. Georgetown
10. Duke

Tennessee wont get much respect in the early rankings at the start of the season

You should probably wait and see who leaves early for the NBA before you start ranking the 2008-2009 top 10. Most of those teams you listed have star players that may enter this summer's NBA Draft. Also, if Tyler Smith returns for one more season, there's no way Tennessee will be left out of the preseason top 10.

UCLA likely loses all 5 starters. arizona already lost a big time player.

With Dorsey, CDR, & Rose all likely gone, who does Memphis bring back for next season? I would think they would be lacking some but don't know their bench or recruiting that well.

I think you really have to wait for all the early declarations to be over before making this list...

But if one were to assume everyone with eligibility would be back then it's defintely UNC/Kansas at the top with UT/UCLA/Texas in the top 5...

With the lineup we have back plus the incoming freshman there is no way they could keep us out...same could be said for UNC with everyone back plus their 3 McD AA's

My projection...

1. Kansas
2. UNC
3. Texas
4. Arizona
5. Connecticut
6. Memphis
7. UCLA
8. Louisville
9. Georgetown
10. Duke

KU loses Chalmers, Rush, Robinson, Arthur, Jackson, and Kaun.

UNC loses Lawson and Hansbrough (most likely).

Memphis loses Rose, Dorsey, and CDR.

G'Town loses Hibbert, Ewing, and Wallace.

At this time, prior to the recruiting process being over, I would have to put Texas in the 1 spot.

Davidson could very well make another deep run next year.

Also, don't count out the Lopez twins at Stanford.

At this time, prior to the recruiting process being over, I would have to put Texas in the 1 spot.

Augustin will not be at TX and the Lopez twins declared for the draft about 2 weeks ago.

The schools like Memphis, G'Town, and UNC all have stud incoming recruits who will fill the lossess...

The schools like Memphis, G'Town, and UNC all have stud incoming recruits who will fill the lossess...
I agree, but replacing Rose and CDR will be a heck of a task. As will be replacing Hibbert and Wallace (very underappreciated), and UNC was a different team without Lawson...

You should probably wait and see who leaves early for the NBA before you start ranking the 2008-2009 top 10. Most of those teams you listed have star players that may enter this summer's NBA Draft. Also, if Tyler Smith returns for one more season, there's no way Tennessee will be left out of the preseason top 10.

We know how much better UT will be next season but all the AP and ESPN/USA today will see is that we lost 35% of our offense and will not rank us over the Duke's, UNCs and Kansas's who have stud recruit coming in

I agree, but replacing Rose and CDR will be a heck of a task. As will be replacing Hibbert and Wallace (very underappreciated), and UNC was a different team without Lawson...

Greg Monroe>>>Hibbert

Ed Davis, Tyler Zeller, Larry Drew>>>Hansbrough

Memphis's lost of Rose and CDR will hurt a lot but the addition of Garcia and Simpkins and the fact that they played for the national championship will keep them ranked in the top 10

Either CDR or Rose will be back. It is almost a given that CDR will return and apparently Rose said to the fans gretting their return that they had another run in them.

Tim Griffin said this on his chat on ESPN today:

JP (NYC): Did your top5 for next year diappear? What do you think about the Hoyas next year. Freeman, Sapp, Summers, Wright, Maklin plus a top 3 class soming in.

Tim Griffin: JP: Sorry about that. I've got Tennessee, Georgetown, Villanova, North Carolina (if Psycho T returns) and Texas. I'll take them and you can have the rest.

And I bet I win.

---

Jake (memphis): With Tennessee in the top five I take it you are thinking Tyler Smith will be returning to Knoxville next year?

Tim Griffin: Jake: Correct.

Greg Monroe>>>Hibbert

Memphis's lost of Rose and CDR will hurt a lot but the addition of Garcia and Simpkins and the fact that they played for the national championship will keep them ranked in the top 10

I understand that nobody at all likes Hansbrough...

But to say a 6'11" twig(Zeller), a PG that most describe as "steady but not spectacular"(Drew), and maybe a legit star (Davis) are much greater than a guy who averaged 23 points and 10 rebounds is just utterly ridiculous

Greg Monroe>>>Hibbert

Yeah, the Naismith Award winner can definitely be replaced by freshmen who aren't one and dones...

Memphis hasn't signed a "stud" yet. Garcia is undeserving of his five star ranking from what I've seen, and Simpkins is mediocre. Now if they get Tyreke Evans, that will be a different story.

Southern Cal is a team to watch out for next season. Taj Gibson, Davon Jefferson, and Daniel Hackett are all coming back a year better. Mayo is likely gone, but Demar DeRozan could be an upgrade.

VN Store

Back