2010 7 Oregon 48 vs UT 13

I hope we've learned to tackle better...and from what I saw Saturday, I think we are better, but next Saturday will be the real test...Oregon spreads you out and forces you to make plays in open space - one miss and the guy is gone...

**** rain didn't even help. They scored 45 unanswered points AFTER the rain!

This. I was at the game and the thunderstorms created what amounted to the equivalent of a 1 hour halftime. With the staff they had, and the staff we had, who do you think came up with some pretty good adjustments? (Hint: it was not us!)

Also, with the short depth we had, our defense was spent halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Reactions: 1 person
Wow how the years have run together, I was thinking CLK was the coach when we played the Ducks.

The rain definitely didn't help. If anything it hurt us. We were doing pretty well before the delay.

Why would 2010 matter at all?

Would CBJ study film of Florida's 2010 team?

The rain taking away all our momentum is really my only take away from the game. We were up during the delay. And that I got very wet, but had a blast anyway. I think more rain would have made it a more sloppy game which likely would have negated some of their speed. But I've never played football when it was just soaking wet out so I could be mistaken.

The rain taking away all our momentum is really my only take away from the game. We were up during the delay. And that I got very wet, but had a blast anyway. I think more rain would have made it a more sloppy game which likely would have negated some of their speed. But I've never played football when it was just soaking wet out so I could be mistaken.

I gave you a 'like' so you wouldn't have 666 of them

Three years later and we're probably at the same place talent wise....what a mess.....3-4 years and I beleive we'll be a top 10 team, that's what I want to beleive

It was one of those games where we played (them) well FOR A HALF!
We did not even show up in the 2nd half. (1st half 13-13). Second half Oregon 35 UT-0
1 2 3 4
Oregon 3 10 14 21
UT 6 7 0 0

I'm glad the game was over after FOUR quarters...Notice a pattern?
This time, were better coached, have better discipline, and may play a fuller game.
Let's hope we keep it interesting.
GO VOLS!

Just watched the video (don't know why I wanted to relive that but i did). A few things stuck out to me that I feel like we are much better at this year.

1. Tackling- that may have been the worst tackling I have EVER seen! One in particular that stood out to me was Janzen Jackson just throwing himself at their TE's thighs and not using any arms whatsoever to wrap up. Just poor fundamentals.

2. Not taking advantage of the breaks when they are there- 2 time we stalled in first quarter and had to settle for FG's instead of touchdowns, 1 of those being off a fumbled kick-off. After Oregon went up 20-13 we were driving and had the ball around the 20 and then Simms made a bonehead cross the field throw that ended up going the other way for 6. Finally Art Evans had a chance to intercept a pass of theirs in the endzone and just completely short-armed it and whiffed that would have prevented another Oregon TD.

3. While we got our butts handed to us in the second half most of the Oregons 2nd half points come on big plays that we shot ourselves in the foot on. Most of those things came from bad fundamentals, bad coaching, and lack of discipline. I don't see our team making nearly as many of those mistakes this Saturday with Butch and Company at the helm now.

With that said I still think we lose Saturday due to the youth of our team overall and still getting adjusted to the new coaches etc. We make it a lot more respectable this year, something along the lines of 41-24.

VN Store

Back