2015 NBA Pre-Draft Thread

Why would you base an NBA projection on college production?

Because it's one strong indicator of what to expect, especially what you can expect in their first couple years. Wiggins wasn't efficient in college, and surprise surprise, he was really inefficient his rookie year.

AW might be the best player in the league in 4 years (probably not) but if you're Minny, do you want to bank on that? He will probably be looking to leave after his rookie contract.

Last edited:
Because it's one strong indicator of what to expect, especially what you can expect in their first couple years. Wiggins wasn't efficient in college, and surprise surprise, he was really inefficient his rookie year.

AW might be the best player in the league in 4 years (probably not) but if you're Minny, do you want to bank on that? He will probably be looking to leave after his rookie contract.

I agree with your edit (I think it's an edit, I can't tell because I'm mobile). To the extent it's an indicator, I think it's true for the early part of someone's career.

the edit was just for grammar. I'm a little OC

Oh nvm then. I didn't remember the "especially in the first couple years" part from when I first read your post and was about to respond saying essentially the same thing.

Last edited:
Perennial All-Stars Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol were the first two European lottery picks. Since then, however, there have been 16 European players taken in the lottery; none have been All-Stars.

Perennial All-Stars Dirk Nowitzki and Pau Gasol were the first two European lottery picks. Since then, however, there have been 16 European players taken in the lottery; none have been All-Stars.

It seems like the Spurs are the only team with a good track record drafting foreigners.

Alright, let's get everyone's official mock draft on record so we can laugh at ourselves later.

1.) Minnesota: Towns
2.) LAL: Okafor
3.) PHI: Russell
4.) NYK: Trade with PHX for Bledsoe and #13: Porzingis
5.) ORL: Winslow
6.) SAC: Mudiay
7.) DEN: Hezonja
8.) DET: Stanley Johnson
9.) CHA: Booker
10.) MIA: Turner
11.) IND: WCS
12.) UTA: Kaminsky
13.) NYK: Oubre
12.) OKC: Payne

Last edited:
It doesn't necessarily mean he's leaving. Opting out is just the prudent move

Why? Does he get a $1M bump for re-signing (like Lebron did)? Do they even want him back at that price?

I wouldn't. If you aren't going to give him 17 shots a night, why pay him max?

Why? Does he get a $1M bump for re-signing (like Lebron did)? Do they even want him back at that price?

I wouldn't. If you aren't going to give him 17 shots a night, why pay him max?

What do you think cavs should do in FA?

What do you think cavs should do in FA?

It's hard to say. Is Andy done? Seems like he is a FA. I don't really see them signing him. If Love leaves, they will need another solid big, but based on last year's team, I would say their strongest need is clearly at backup PG. If they could have a guy like Patty Mills there, that would be a big upgrade. They need a 2 who is a reliable catch-and-shoot-type who can play defense.

It's weird, cause the Cavs are close to being championship calibre, but it seems like they need more than 1 good move to push them over that final hump.

If Love/Irving don't get hurt they win the title.

Either way, Love is gone. He just potentially cost himself $25M by opting out which means he really wants out of Cleveland.

The Cavs need to keep Shumpert, let Thompson go, get Ryan Anderson, draft Justin Anderson, and find a real backup PG.

VN Store

Back