2015 NBA Pre-Draft Thread

Towns shot 84% from the free throw line as well.

1.) You can't foul him if he's about to dunk on your head.

2.) All analytics show a good free throw shooting big man can thusly shoot from 15+ feet out at a higher rate. His offense will continue to develop.

Okafor's defense will never be anything better than average.

Let's not forget that Cal stupidly played Towns only 20 mpg. All the percentages are basically the same. Looking at per game numbers and just declaring Okafor>Towns and saying it's not close is silly and short sighted.

I think WCS can find some offensive success off of pick n rolls in the NBA. JMO.

WCS is as skilled as Chandler and Jordan at 21 and while limited, are valuable offensive players.

WCS is as skilled as Chandler and Jordan at 21 and while limited, are valuable offensive players.

Yep. I really dislike him, but WCS will be a good NBA player. Perhaps very good if he finds the proper match.

Let's not forget that Cal stupidly played Towns only 20 mpg. All the percentages are basically the same. Looking at per game numbers and just declaring Okafor>Towns and saying it's not close is silly and short sighted.

Yep.

Maybe it is because I watched Okafor more and thus picked more nits, but I'd take Towns #1 overall.

They're saying Porzingis is different than most Euro players in that he gets in a ton of scuffles and isn't afraid to muck it up in the post. He's not "soft."

They're saying Porzingis is different than most Euro players in that he gets in a ton of scuffles and isn't afraid to muck it up in the post. He's not "soft."

Rule #1 about the NBA Draft:

Never EVER listen to media guys talk about European big men projected to go in the top ten

Except he can't play defense and let's see him be that dominant in the post when he isn't guarded by guys 5 inches shorter than him.

His footwork is as good as any player in the nba right now. And like I said, okafor is a lot better defensively than givin credit.

Nobody scores 17 per and shoots 66% in major college basketball, let alone a freshman in the ACC.

Towns probably will be Tyson Chandler.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Reactions: 1 person
Nobody scores 17 per and shoots 66% in major college basketball, let alone a freshman in the ACC.

Towns probably will be Tyson Chandler.

I don't think you can go wrong with either.

Exactly, you can't go wrong with either, but okafor is the better player long term imo.

Chandler can't shoot like Towns can.

It's really nice to for a 5 to have a jumper if you use it sparingly, but most 5s with a jumper rely on it too much, and you want Towns near the basket.

Chandler could have developed a jump shot, IMO. He had his priorities straight.

It's really nice to for a 5 to have a jumper if you use it sparingly, but most 5s with a jumper rely on it too much, and you want Towns near the basket.

Chandler could have developed a jump shot, IMO. He had his priorities straight.

He just chose to suck at shooting, got it.

Reactions: 1 person
Jay Bilas on Okafor:

Downside: Poor free throw shooter. Not a dominant rim protector or defensive presence in the lane. Limited in defending pick-and-roll action.

VN Store

Back