2020 Congressional Elections

AOC's chances of reelection could be in doubt :cool::D

NEW YORK - 14th Congressional District

Democratic Party Primary Election Results:

Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez (Incumbent) ... 27,460 votes (72.6%)
Michelle Caruso-Cabrera (Challenger) .............. 7,393 votes (19.5%)
Badrun Khan (Challenger) ...................................... 2,040 votes (5.4%)
Samuel Sloan (Challenger) ...................................... 932 votes ( 2.5%)

By all means, PLEASE throw a bunch of money at her Republican challenger in November. His name is John Cummings, and he is a white former cop (what a great time to have that on your resume in the Bronx and Queens!). Sounds like a great way for Republican Party donors to spend their money to me.

Last edited:
Yeah... I’m a pretty big fan of hers. I like the measured tone she takes.
The people who hate her and keep her name in the news, have accomplished nothing other than building her name recognition up to a point where she will never have to worry about losing an election in such a liberal district. She doesn't even have to campaign. She doesn't have to worry about gerry-mandering in New York either. She is only 30 years old... she could literally hold that seat for 40 years.

The people who hate her and keep her name in the news, have accomplished nothing other than building her name recognition up to a point where she will never have to worry about losing an election in such a liberal district. She doesn't even have to campaign. She doesn't have to worry about gerry-mandering in New York either. She is only 30 years old... she could literally hold that seat for 40 years.
And someday be Speaker of the House.

It's already been done.

Reactions: Franklin Pierce
And someday be Speaker of the House.

It's already been done.
You may have said this in humor, but it's really not that big a stretch. Having security in a seat is an important prerequisite in the roles of party leadership. There may not be 20 Democrats in the House of Representatives right now, who are more secure in their seat than AOC ... and that has everything to do with how much her enemies (especially on Fox News) have strengthened her name recognition, and bolstered her platform to her constituents, by talking about her constantly.

You may have said this in humor, but it's really not that big a stretch. Having security in a seat is an important prerequisite in the roles of party leadership. There may not be 20 Democrats in the House of Representatives right now, who are more secure in their seat than AOC ... and that has everything to do with how much her enemies (especially on Fox News) have strengthened her name recognition, and bolstered her platform to her constituents, by talking about her constantly.
What do you mean "may"? :p

I like it , as long as there are people like her in Congress I know for a fact you can be anything in this country . Also as long as I can hear and see people like her and Hank Johnson , I know there will always be two at least 2 people dumber than I am in this country .

Unless her seat is eliminated during redistricting after the 2020 census.

Unless her seat is eliminated during redistricting after the 2020 census.
In the east Bronx and Queens? With a population of more than 700,000 people in her district and in a state with more than 19 million? And such a move to eliminate her seat would have to be approved by the Governor - liberal Democrat Andrew Cuomo? There is a better chance of her losing to a Republican in November.

In the east Bronx and Queens? With a population of more than 700,000 people in her district and in a state with more than 19 million? And such a move to eliminate her seat would have to be approved by the Governor - liberal Democrat Andrew Cuomo? There is a better chance of her losing to a Republican in November.
Yes they could easily slice up her district. She herself has talked about how this is a legitimate possibility.

Reactions: Rickyvol77
Yes they could easily slice up her district. She herself has talked about how this is a legitimate possibility.
Very unlikely... and even then, she has the name recognition to win elections in her home district - and that is mostly due to people who don't like her, talking about her constantly.

Very unlikely... and even then, she has the name recognition to win elections in her home district - and that is mostly due to people who don't like her, talking about her constantly.
What, you don't mean they elect her because they agree with her policies but just name recognition? GTFO.

VN Store

Back