2023 Fall Ball Thread

He has great potential there. He has an extremely strong arm and should have really good range due to his athletic ability. Assuming this brings Amick into the conversation at 2B.

Watching them a couple of times there are some really good guys working at SS. I think it will also depend on who can hit. That will be the key with the catching role, SS, 3rd, and OF. Trying to find a strong hitter and fielder at these positions will be the key.

I hope whatever Zane Denton is dealing with, it's nothing too serious.

Also, am I the only one who's never heard of a hamate bone? lol

Reactions: StarRaider
It is the bone in your hand that normally only gets hurt catching a ball. It is a tiny bone that nobody hardly ever knows is there until it gets messed up. It has become more prevalent lately with catchers and first basemen. They catch it wrong and it breaks or is hurt. Sad part is it is hard to heal. No hitting, catching or lifting normally. He will run a lot and do core stuff while it heals, normally. I'm guessing it was misdiagnosed for years and is more prevalent now due to guys throwing so much faster.

It is the bone in your hand that normally only gets hurt catching a ball. It is a tiny bone that nobody hardly ever knows is there until it gets messed up. It has become more prevalent lately with catchers and first basemen. They catch it wrong and it breaks or is hurt. Sad part is it is hard to heal. No hitting, catching or lifting normally. He will run a lot and do core stuff while it heals, normally. I'm guessing it was misdiagnosed for years and is more prevalent now due to guys throwing so much faster.
Also regularly injured when a batter gets clipped by a pitch inside. Used to be considered part of the wrist but since the rash of those specific injuries, it’s become more specific reference.

Reactions: StarRaider
Ariel, Amick and Peebles hit HRs. Some pitchers pitched well. Some struggled. Hard to judge pitching this early.
Kirby and I said on his podcast, I don’t think you want to be the best hitter in the fall. All four years, the guy who lit it up in the fall blew up in the spring. Maybe someone can break streak but….

Reactions: chuckiepoo
I am now surprised we did not have an entire team with the injury when Ben Joyce was here.....

Reading the notes from yesterday: Ariel Antigua hit a two-run homer off of Derek Schaefer, Billy Amick hit a two-run homer off of Luke Payne, and Cannon Peebles "smoked one" over the right field wall.

A couple of other notes from Ben McKee..

The first thing that stood out today was simply the conditioning that the team already appears to be in. And just how physically-imposing the team is as a whole. They have several players that look like they should be suiting up inside of Neyland Stadium on Saturday night.
Kavares Tears looks like a million bucks. He appears to have slimmed down quite a bit while also keeping the muscle on. He also flashed the arm strength from right field, throwing an absolute laser to third base to throw out Ethan Payne trying to go first to third. Tears' arm is as good as any outfielder that Vitello has had.
Kirby Connell also appeared to be slimmed down. He looks in great shape and looked really good on the mound.

My intel from others not Kirby. He went to the concert last night.
Antiqua looked very good at ss and at plate. KTs arm is stronger which hard to believe because they have always said he has the strongest arm on the team. Kirby gave up 1 hit in 2 innings and 3 ks. Adding a new pitch. Like I said yesterday, some pitcher struggled, but worked through it, which is a plus. One pitcher hit 97, new guy. Sorry, I do not remember which one. Another scrimmage today.

VN Store

Back