2024 College Football Team Talent Composite (247Sports)

Sarms58

Only one more extremely long week before VolBall24 so here’s another fun distraction for us to use as we logically reason out a 16-0 season for the Mighty Vols!

Interesting to note that they have us credited with only 4 five star players when we have 5 (which can be seen by hitting the “84 commits” link and sorting the ratings column.

Interesting to note that they have us credited with only 4 five star players when we have 5 (which can be seen by hitting the “84 commits” link and sorting the ratings column.
Even then , going by their "rankings" , we're basically tied with the team that won the NC last season . Plus we've beaten 4 of the top 10 recently with our scrubs. As a wise man once said ...no I don't run a 4.3 /40 , but I've ran down some that did.

I saw this the other day and wondered how it is that FL is that talented with as bad as their coaching staff has been over the last 3 years.

Reactions: 67Vol
Even then , going by their "rankings" , we're basically tied with the team that won the NC last season . Plus we've beaten 4 of the top 10 recently with our scrubs. As a wise man once said ...no I don't run a 4.3 /40 , but I've ran down some that did.

Yea, talent wise we are in striking distance. A couple things I see through my orange tinted glasses are that about 80% of our 42 blue chip recruits are underclassmen and we’re recruiting well so talent wise we’re on an improving trend. But more importantly, I believe Nico in Heupel’s offense will make those around him better. We suffered under JG because he had the opposite effect - he made the team worse than the sum of individuals. Nico’s talent and our team chemistry give me hope that we can beat anyone on any given day.

Only one more extremely long week before VolBall24 so here’s another fun distraction for us to use as we logically reason out a 16-0 season for the Mighty Vols!

This composite shows why you have to play hard every game. Looking at these numbers, FSU should have rolled over GT - that didn’t happen? GT’s will to win was too much for FSU’s superior ranking - and FSU played pretty well too. Rankings like this are fun/interesting, but yesterday’s opener showed they mean absolutely nothing when the whistle blows. GBO - and don’t pay attention to a composite ranking like this.

Reactions: tbh and Sarms58
This composite shows why you have to play hard every game. Looking at these numbers, FSU should have rolled over GT - that didn’t happen? GT’s will to win was too much for FSU’s superior ranking - and FSU played pretty well too. Rankings like this are fun/interesting, but yesterday’s opener showed they mean absolutely nothing when the whistle blows. GBO - and don’t pay attention to a composite ranking like this.
Absolutely - but it also show how important and effective QB is to winning. Dobbs won games for us that JG lost…I’m believing that Nico will be a difference maker. I’m excited about the up coming season.

Reactions: tbh and 67Vol
Who said that…that is sort of profound.

Its worth noting who some of our “non blue chip” players (“only” 3 stars) are:
Dylan Sampson
Squirrel White
John Campbell, Jr
Chas Nimrod
Javontez Spraggins

There was more of a gap between us and Michigan last year when they won the title but still not a lot. It’s interesting that OU and UF are ahead of us and that Bama is still number 1, even over UGA.

Using the 247Sports ratings, here is how every player on Tennessee football’s depth chart ranked as a recruit and a transfer.

I saw this the other day and wondered how it is that FL is that talented with as bad as their coaching staff has been over the last 3 years.
UF should be better than what they have been over the last several years, but the Team Talent Composite can kind of be misleading. In UF's case, it is skewed by 3 guys who aren't even going to play (2 true freshmen and a transfer, all who are 5-stars). And your highest-rated recruits receive their full weighting; the lower-rated guys don't.

What such a composite should do is go to a team's 2-deep and rate it that way, with it heavily weighted towards guys who are starting.

Last edited:
Here is where every SEC program ranked in the updated 247Sports Team Talent Composite for the 2024 season:

1. Alabama: 1,018.28 points (17 five-stars, 50 four-stars)
2. Georgia: 1,006.89 points (14 five-stars, 54 four-stars)
4. Texas: 953.95 points (11 five-stars, 50 four-stars)
7. Texas A&M: 914.52 points (eight five-stars, 43 four-stars)
8. Oklahoma: 906.61 points (four five-stars, 53 four-stars)
9. LSU: 906.19 points (five five-stars, 46 four-stars)
12. Florida: 894.24 points (four five-stars, 48 four-stars)
17. Tennessee: 858.67 points (four five-stars, 37 four-stars)
18. Auburn: 833.61 points (one five-star, 42 four-stars)
19. Missouri: 807.36 points (three five-stars, 26 four-stars)
20. Ole Miss: 801.66 points (two five-stars, 28 four-stars)
21. South Carolina: 798.18 points (three five-stars, 27 four-stars)
24. Kentucky: 788.36 points (two five-stars, 29 four-stars)
26. Arkansas: 779.17 points (two five-stars, 27 four-stars)
34. Mississippi State: 743.77 points (zero five-stars, 23 four-stars)
50. Vanderbilt: 695.96 points (zero five-stars, 12 four-stars)

VN Store

Back