2024 Democratic Vice President? Your thoughts?

Ritzwatch

Life's a party and I am the guest of honor.
I think it is Shapiro, given PA’s paramount importance.

Could be NC’s Cooper 🤮.

That man can raise money, and somehow has a rep as a “moderate”, which now apparently means a left winger held in check by an even more right-wing state legislature.

I’m going Shapiro. Final answer.

I think it is Shapiro, given PA’s paramount importance.

Could be NC’s Cooper 🤮.

That man can raise money, and somehow has a rep as a “moderate”, which now apparently means a left winger held in check by an even more right-wing state legislature.

I’m going Shapiro. Final answer.
Those two would certainly be top of the list. Maybe a Dem from a border state to address the immigration woes, possibly. Definitely will be someone that brings value to the ticket (swing state, hot button issue advocate, etc). That’s a mistake Trump made. Vance doesn’t bring voters with him for Trump that he didn’t already have, and Vance’s previous rhetoric could even hurt Trump, especially with women if it becomes an area of focus.

Nobody votes for the VP. I don't know why anyone keeps pretending it's a thing
It is a thing, for vote purposes. Lincoln had Andrew Johnson for his Southern voter ties. John Kennedy pick Lyndon Johnson (D) for similar reasons, plus to attract proud Texans Repub votes. Gerald Ford picked Nelson Rockefeller to court rich voters. George W. Bush picked Dick Cheney to solidify conservative voters. Barack Obama picked Joe Biden to encourage White voters timid about having a Black President. Joe Biden picked Kamela Harris to court both female and black voters. BUT, once in office, the VP is mainly what Pence became, despite (in my opinion) of being so much more; an elf on the shelf.

Kudos to Trump for saying the VP isn't really important. For once, the Liarindent told the truth. That's sadly true, but not the VP fault. If you had a Prez determined to take serious advantage of VP capabilities, they'd be a powerful too. But I can see a Prez not wanting to be overshadowed by an underling.

I don’t know. But I am sure the dozen or so people who actually run the DNC will tell the “voters“ who it is shortly.
You don’t think they actually CARE what the people think do ya? 😂

It is a thing, for vote purposes. Lincoln had Andrew Johnson for his Southern voter ties. John Kennedy pick Lyndon Johnson (D) for similar reasons, plus to attract proud Texans Repub votes. Gerald Ford picked Nelson Rockefeller to court rich voters. George W. Bush picked Dick Cheney to solidify conservative voters. Barack Obama picked Joe Biden to encourage White voters timid about having a Black President. Joe Biden picked Kamela Harris to court both female and black voters. BUT, once in office, the VP is mainly what Pence became, despite (in my opinion) of being so much more; an elf on the shelf.

Kudos to Trump for saying the VP isn't really important. For once, the Liarindent told the truth. That's sadly true, but not the VP fault. If you had a Prez determined to take serious advantage of VP capabilities, they'd be a powerful too. But I can see a Prez not wanting to be overshadowed by an underling.
I expect Vance to be much more visible. Trump obviously chose him as his heir apparent and Trump will want to make sure to boost his VP every chance he gets, in preparation for fending off DeSantis is 2028 primary.

How about that eight star general in the dress.
He's perfect for the face of the Dems party
Their gender fluid, bald, dress stealing former nuclear advisor took a plea deal to avoid a felony, so he is still eligible too.
I would post a picture but I would have to google the „guy“ and that would ruin my breakfast 🤮

Reactions: Zues1
I expect Vance to be much more visible. Trump obviously chose him as his heir apparent and Trump will want to make sure to boost his VP every chance he gets, in preparation for fending off DeSantis is 2028 primary.
Normally, I'd agree with you. But Trumpon is all ego. He's not the nurturing and mentoring type.

Normally, I'd agree with you. But Trumpon is all ego. He's not the nurturing and mentoring type.
I have felt that way myself; but I think he will get just as much of an ego boost by getting to play literal Kingmaker.
He will see getting to pick his successor as a continuation of his rule.
My opinion anyway

VN Store

Back