2025 Recruiting

Again, you correctly point to the problem. LVBHC. Pretty succinct. Thank you.
Not trying to be disrespectful Earl. Exactly why did Terri and others decide to create an entity separate from what has been widely hailed as one of the most successful NIL organizations?

Reactions: glv98
Can u tell me the elite recruits that we are finalist for, I don’t follow everyrhing. Elite as in like Juju Watkins class?
On the list I saw, Tennessee is a finalist for about 6 recruits ranked in the top 25. I remember Keeley Parks being one of them, ranked at #15. Janiyah Williams just released her top 3, and Tennessee is one of those. There were others I can't recall off the top of my head.

If you pay they will come
I don't like it as it is right now, but that's how it is. I'm not against NIL, but there never were established guidelines by the NCAA, allowing it to basically be chaotic. I believe the purpose of college is an education and preparation for the future. Most student athletes want a big payday before they ever enroll in school. The collective who provides the most $$$ gets the athlete to commit to the school it supports. It's that simple. On the women's side at Tennessee, the BoostHer Club just doesn't have enough NIL $$$ to compete with other programs.

I don't like it as it is right now, but that's how it is. I'm not against NIL, but there never were established guidelines by the NCAA, allowing it to basically be chaotic. I believe the purpose of college is an education and preparation for the future. Most student athletes want a big payday before they ever enroll in school. The collective who provides the most $$$ gets the athlete to commit to the school it supports. It's that simple. On the women's side at Tennessee, the BoostHer Club just doesn't have enough NIL $$$ to compete with other programs.
this is what confuses me most...We ARE the prominent WBB figure in this game,,,we have one of the potential top 5 draft picks and yet we are struggling with getting high profile national NILs...Obviously we need a person who has the gumption to initiate contact and use our known (before it diminishes completely) presence in the market.

Reactions: UTtoDC and glv98
We want elite recruits, and Tennessee is a finalist for several. They like Kellie and the coaching staff. But once another school offers a better NIL deal, we've lost out. People are blaming Kellie, but it is not her... with the high school recruits, it's all about the $$$.
That theory might play here had Kellie had a reputation of being a great recruiter prior to NIL. Again, NIL is now the built in excise for not closing or winning.

Reactions: LadyVol1908
Not trying to be disrespectful Earl. Exactly why did Terri and others decide to create an entity separate from what has been widely hailed as one of the most successful NIL organizations?

I have never heard why...
However it started the thing that gets me is that it is allowed to continue when it's obviously wildly unsuccessful. I've met Terri, I appreciate her efforts, but she and her pals cannot be that hard to overcome. Surely the coaching staff and some of the other prominent boosters (luv ya Earl) are working to get it on the right, more professional path.

All things NIL are in flux right now, but hopefully when it settles out one of the byproducts will be finding a more suitable situation for the upfront signing bonus/salary money for LV recruits. Terri can keep true NIL, the donor dinners, the painting nights, autographs at OMD, etc. She's great at that and they are very nice events. But for the millionth time, the LVs need professional donor development!

On the list I saw, Tennessee is a finalist for about 6 recruits ranked in the top 25. I remember Keeley Parks being one of them, ranked at #15. Janiyah Williams just released her top 3, and Tennessee is one of those. There were others I can't recall off the top of my head.
On Raoul's list, it looks like we're a finalist for 7 players plus we've offered at least 12 more, not counting others who've committed elsewhere (not sure if this is 100% up-to-date, but it has the latest on Williams and that just happened this week): Tennessee Women's Basketball Recruiting - Page 2 of 4 - WBB Blog

Finalist for (Hoopgurlz rankings):
- Dee Alexander, #4
- Aaliyah Chavez, #1
- Holland Harris, #41
- Adelaide Jernigan, #45
- ZaKiyah Johnson, #5
- Keeley Parks, #19
- Janiyah Williams, #21

These are all guards/wings, though it looks like there are a few posts among the other 12 we've offered to.

That theory might play here had Kellie had a reputation of being a great recruiter prior to NIL. Again, NIL is now the built in excise for not closing or winning.
So if they simply don't want to play for Kellie and NIL is not involved, why do you think we make so many finalist lists? They don't know about Kellie for the months and years until they're ready to sign? That just doesn't make sense. Making so many final lists and not closing, plus knowing for certain that Earl is very well connected and knows what he's talking about, makes me believe it is in large part lack of upfront NIL money.

They mean well but cause a lot of division with their believing they are their own brand separate from Tennessee.
^^^^

Can’t get out of their own way. It’s been discussed here why LVBC struggles and it has to do with old guard thinking they are in charge. It doesn’t appeal to all Tennessee fans, especially if the product isn’t connecting with those that already contribute to the Tennessee collective.

However it started the thing that gets me is that it is allowed to continue when it's obviously wildly unsuccessful. I've met Terri, I appreciate her efforts, but she and her pals cannot be that hard to overcome. Surely the coaching staff and some of the other prominent boosters (luv ya Earl) are working to get it on the right, more professional path.

All things NIL are in flux right now, but hopefully when it settles out one of the byproducts will be finding a more suitable situation for the upfront signing bonus/salary money for LV recruits. Terri can keep true NIL, the donor dinners, the painting nights, autographs at OMD, etc. She's great at that and they are very nice events. But for the millionth time, the LVs need professional donor development!
Well said. Can only eat so much chips and salsa at dinners, painting with a twist and shirt buys. Business model is generic and appeals to those showing up on Sunday afternoon games and not the rest of the fans.

^^^^

Can’t get out of their own way. It’s been discussed here why LVBC struggles and it has to do with old guard thinking they are in charge. It doesn’t appeal to all Tennessee fans, especially if the product isn’t connecting with those that already contribute to the Tennessee collective.
My observation (and Earl would know better) is that the "old guard" is barely existent any more and has very little power w DW. Although you wouldn't know it fm NIL being turned over to Terri. That group simply cannot be that hard to overcome.

So if they simply don't want to play for Kellie and NIL is not involved, why do you think we make so many finalist lists? They don't know about Kellie for the months and years until they're ready to sign? That just doesn't make sense. Making so many final lists and not closing, plus knowing for certain that Earl is very well connected and knows what he's talking about, makes me believe it is in large part lack of upfront NIL money.
Tennessee brand is a big reason. Players see all the programs and the energy on campus in all sports and want to check it out. Being a finalist means little when you’re one of say 5-15 on a list as “finalist”

Well said. Can only eat so much chips and salsa at dinners, painting with a twist and shirt buys. Business model is generic and appeals to those showing up on Sunday afternoon games and not the rest of the fans.
Not sure who the "fans" are who don't show up for Sunday afternoon games. It certainly isn't donors who don't show up and honestly, that's who counts here in the age of unlimited free agency and pay for play. I realize there are many other fans, but hardcore in today's environment they don't count much.

Speaking of showing up Sunday, this week is going to be a great crowd!

Last edited:
My observation (and Earl would know better) is that the "old guard" is barely existent any more and has very little power w DW. Although you wouldn't know it fm NIL being turned over to Terri. That group simply cannot be that hard to overcome.
Believe Terri saw an opportunity to help and it was bigger than what she could do.

Tennessee brand is a big reason. Players see all the programs and the energy on campus in all sports and want to check it out. Being a finalist means little when you’re one of say 5-15 on a list as “finalist”
Nah, not buying that. Brand may get initial interest and a visit, but not going to make a finaliist list. We can agree to disagree, but I think that's pretzel logic to avoid the obvious - money wins out when it's close.

Agree, don't mean to dog Terri, but it's way beyond her now. She needs to give up the big $ stuff immediately and stick to what she does best.

Not sure who the "fans" are who don't show up for Sunday afternoon games. It certainly isn't donors who don't show up and honestly, that's who counts here in the age of unlimited free agency and pay for paly.

Speaking of showing up Sunday, this week is going to be a great crowd!
Sunday fans are the loyal fans to the LV brand (season ticket holders), and nothing wrong with that but only so much you can tap into. The base is bigger than the season ticket holders.

Actually it would be helpful if some of the well connected legacy donors would be more involved. The money has been there in the past. Even though the money went through the AD to women's programs, the last "Salute to Excellence" fundraiser brought in $250K, before Dave Hart killed it. If you had that kind of money (probably about $350K in today's dollars) available for NIL in today's world, we would not be having these discussiions.

^^^^

Actually it would be helpful if some of the well connected legacy donors would be more involved. The money has been there in the past. Even though the money went through the AD to women's programs, the last "Salute to Excellence" fundraiser brought in $250K, before Dave Hart killed it. If you had that kind of money (probably about $350K in today's dollars) available for NIL in today's world, we would not be having these discussiions.
Who's out there working to get these kinds of things restored? That's where professional development comes in.

I don’t disagree with that. For example, Charles Ergen (Dish Network) was personally visited often in CO to secure University donations. I doubt Terri is making an effort to get whales in the boat. There seems to be no connection or lacking connection with the money movers and from my view it’s the product/leadership. They need to turn it over to a proven entity that can secure what you’re saying but seems can’t walk away.

They need to turn it over to a proven entity that can secure what you’re saying but seems can’t walk away.
Again, Terri and her friends can't possibly be powerful enough to continue in a manner that is literally ruining the program. If she can't walk away (and again she can still have true NIL) she needs to be helped to the door. I remain gobsmacked that this has been allowed to go on as long as it has.

Last edited:

VN Store

Back