2025 Recruiting

You never know what's just over the horizon😉
Silent commit? A PG rated higher than Williams, if Williams's offer wasn't committable (is that a hint that maybe we're after or have someone we think is better)? For PGs, we're finalists for #1 Aaliyah Chavez and #19 Keeley Parks, both above #21 Williams...looks like we've also offered #10 Emilee Skinner. 🙏

Are we officially on unlimited transfers? Wasn't there an injunction against transfer limitations and a ruling that players could go ahead immediately and not be punished retroactively is that ruling doesn't stand?

Even if there is still a one-transfer-without-sitting-out rule, it's only a court ruling away from being killed. Not being able to transfer at will definitely impedes earning capability in the current environment.

Some are saying even 4 yr eligibility would be the next domino to fall. Why limit my opportunities to a time frame?

Not yet, but they'll sue for unlimited mobility (and probabably win) eventually.

The eligibility wall will remain up as long as they're even tangentially classified as enrolled. Once they become employees, or perhaps more accurately, once they're fully removed from being students, I agree with you that there should no longer be eligibility requirements. They're not students at that point, so what does it matter?

So many are clamoring for college sports to be the same as pro sports, then so be it - let it truly be professional sports. No half measures. Half measures will just get sued out of existence anyway. So skip the line and get on with it.

Last edited:
LOL true but sad fact that hs recruiting can't get worse. But I'm not sure how if we continue to strike out it proves whether it was lack of funds or something else. Will NIL transparency carry over to the general public or is it just for recruits?

I'm pretty skeptical of everything but I totally believe our problem is lack of NIL funds. If it were the coaching staff, we'd never get all the visits or make so many final lists. Also, my experience both on this board and the little bits I've been behind the scenes this year tells me that Earl, MTSU and DeerPark totally know what they're talking about. All have said it's NIL funds lacking. I believe them.

I do have one more question for Earl before I turn the Williams Dad into a total villian in my mind. If there was never a legit offer, why did they have both TK and RJ immediately tweet the recruit encouraging her to come here as soon as she announced the LVs in her final 3? I can't make sense of that.
Because the girl had an offer @glv98! You know that!

Not yet, but they'll sue for unlimited mobility (and probabably win) eventually.

The eligibility wall will remain up as long as they're even tangentially classified as enrolled. Once they become employees, or perhaps more accurately, once they're fully removed from being students, I agree with you that there should no longer be eligibility requirements. They're not students at that point, so what does it matter?

So many are clamoring for college sports to be the same as pro sports, then so be it - let it truly be professional sports. No half measures. Half measures will just get sued out of existence anyway. So skip the line and get on with it.

This is the problem: You have greedy commercial interests plus greedy activists and the greedy players they represent, plus greedy schools, who apparently want to professionalize college football and basketball but maintain a veneer of "college." That's bull$hit. You can't be both.

Reactions: orange beard

A couple of questions:
If players do get classified as "employees" rather than "students", does that eliminate academic requirements for the now "employees" ?
And what happens to playing for only 4 years ? Can the "employee" play for as long as the school wishes to keep them employed ? I don't know of any time limitations on other school employees.

Last edited:
Reactions: orange beard
Silent commit? A PG rated higher than Williams, if Williams's offer wasn't committable (is that a hint that maybe we're after or have someone we think is better)? For PGs, we're finalists for #1 Aaliyah Chavez and #19 Keeley Parks, both above #21 Williams...looks like we've also offered #10 Emilee Skinner. 🙏
Man, with our HS recruiting record, that's quite a gamble.
Because the girl had an offer @glv98! You know that!
Not convinced. Still can't imagine Williams going to a trainwreck like Oregon, even for Nike money, if she had a viable option. Bet she'll be in the portal within a couple of years.

A couple of questions:
If players do get classified as "employees" rather than "students", does that eliminate academic requirements for the now "employees" ?
And what happens to playing for only 4 years ? Can the "employee" play for as long as the school wishes to keep them employed ? I don't know of any time limitations on other school employees.
Nico would be one of the highest state employees

Man, with our HS recruiting record, that's quite a gamble.

Not convinced. Still can't imagine Williams going to a trainwreck like Oregon, even for Nike money, if she had a viable option. Bet she'll be in the portal within a couple of years.
Why do players come here? Don’t believe we are barreling down the track of dominance.

Reactions: Smokey19rt
Not criticizing any particular recruits, but why do players post a large number of "semifinalists?"

Is it to signal to others that they can save their time and resources and the recruit's time?

Is it a mild form of bragging to show the interest offered by prestigious schools?

Is it to leave the options open in case some of the schools sign a similar or superior player and pull their offer (the ol' prom date game)?

Do each of the semifinalists have something unique to offer that can't be found at the others? Does the recruit genuinely like all the schools and just hasn't begun the hard winnowing process?

Not criticizing any particular recruits, but why do players post a large number of "semifinalists?"

Is it to signal to others that they can save their time and resources and the recruit's time?

Is it a mild form of bragging to show the interest offered by prestigious schools?

Is it to leave the options open in case some of the schools sign a similar or superior player and pull their offer (the ol' prom date game)?

Do each of the semifinalists have something unique to offer that can't be found at the others? Does the recruit genuinely like all the schools and just hasn't begun the hard winnowing process?
I always just assume for some of them this may be the biggest moments of their lives to date and so they enjoy capitalizing on this moment when lots of eyes might be on them.

Could also be economics. May it drives up NIL offers?

Interesting this comes up. I think we learned last weekend it is about creating "buzz" and showing attractiveness, and also can be a bit misleading sometimes. But it is effective; when I see one the first thing I look at is who else is interested in her. Can tell her level immediately.

N I L

Reactions: Volfan2012
We going to get a definite answer on this in the coming months. Were either NIL broke, Recruits hate Kellie and Tennessee no matter how much money is on the table, or with the new NIL law we clean up and sign some big names. Time will give us the answer even though we might not know exactly we'll know if it was one of the first two.

Last edited:
I see she's ranked #15 (one spot ahead of Brooks) and 6'3". Is she a post player? Just really, really hoping we can get a post or two in this class...
I did a little looking into her and seems she might be an Iowa lean just my opinion may not be anyway true. She talked about a special relationship with that Iowa coach some. Being from Idaho we have to hope she wants to find out about a team on the other side of the country Tennessee.

I always just assume for some of them this may be the biggest moments of their lives to date and so they enjoy capitalizing on this moment when lots of eyes might be on them.
We like it as well as fans we get all up in it and hope she will choose us and people posting on social media and the player liking all the posts. Hasn't been much happening for us lately, but we all love a big Boom from the coach when a player commits.

VN Store

Back