2025 Recruiting

Seriously! How do we go from an excellent chance at landing her, I think it was 63% or something, to not even in her top 6…..yikes.
Maybe she was initially coming here but after talking with our new coaches she changed her mind. We can still get 3 top players in this class, and if we do we can contend for a championship.

Maybe she was initially coming here but after talking with our new coaches she changed her mind. We can still get 3 top players in this class, and if we do we can contend for a championship.
We need to get at least three and yes three will be enough. We have a lot of returnees now and you always want to leave space for at least a couple transfers.

Or we still don't have enough NIL money?
I think the money is good as long as they know which players to spend it on. But nobody knows the reason it could be anything. It could have been playing time, how they wanted to use her, we’ll never know unless she tells us.

Last edited:
Reactions: glv98
I think the money is good as long as they know which players to spend it on. But nobody knows the reason it could be anything. It could have been playing time, how they wanted to use her, we’ll never know unless she tells us.
We don’t even know if she was re-offered by the new staff do we?

Reactions: Lucy
Welp, here we go again. Stop me if you've heard this one before:

To make it worse, look at Kennytucky up there with the big dogs.

I know this is just one recruit, there's others. Sure would love to actually snag one though. Man it's been a minute.

Of course, being in a recruit's top 12 is not exactly being ready to sign the dotted line. That is more like being the backup to the backup to the backup.

It would be a miracle if CKC lands a big high school fish in this current recruiting cycle. She has to prove that she is for "real" next season and have some time to build relationships.

So, that means gaps in the 2025-26 line-up will once again have to be filled via that portal.

Last edited:
Of course, being a recruits top 12 is not exactly being ready sign the dotted line. That is more like being the backup to the backup to the backup.

It would be a miracle if CKC lands a big high school fish in this current recruiting cycle. She has to prove that she is for "real" next season and have some time to build relationships.

So, that means gaps in the 2025-26 line-up will once again have to be filled via that portal.
She’s needs to land big fishes in the 2025 class, otherwise that just sets us back even farther.

She’s needs to land big fishes in the 2025 class, otherwise that just sets us back even farther.
That is like saying CKC "needs" to make the final 4 next season. The reality is that we have a re-building process on our hands.

There is no "need"; what happens, happens and barring some remarkable turn of events, a big signing in the 2025 class ain't happening so adaptations will have to be made.

That is like saying CKC "needs" to make the final 4 next season. The reality is that we have a re-building process on our hands.

There is no "need"; what happens, happens and barring some remarkable turn of events, a big signing in the 2025 class ain't happening so adaptations will have to be made.
She gets a pass from me next season, I have no expectations like I’ve always said. The 2025 class for me is everything, because that tell me if she’s going to be able to get the top recruits or not, it won’t take 3-4 to figure that out.

How about we get 1? That's all I ask right now. One top 20 player. What a day that will be!
We need to get one to get to three. If we get none again that is going to be unacceptable even in year one of a coaches tenure. She did great in the portal and I keep hearing were doing great with a few players and none of that came from On3. Time will tell still four months to get it done.

She gets a pass from me next season, I have no expectations like I’ve always said. The 2025 class for me is everything, because that tell me if she’s going to be able to get the top recruits or not, it won’t take 3-4 to figure that out.
Here is we disagree. If I were a top recruit, I would want to see how CKC does not season before committing. This comes with the territory of hiring a coach who has zero P5 experience and only one year of D1 coaching experience.

Again, it's remarkable how well CKC did in the portal

Here is we disagree. If I were a top recruit, I would want to see how CKC does not season before committing. This comes with the territory of hiring a coach who has zero P5 experience and only one year of D1 coaching experience.

I’ve seen top players choose schools when the coaches have done nothing, a coach can convince a player to come, as long as Nil is competitive, maybe some players need to see but that’s not always the case.

I can see your point, but if you like the school and the plan being presented to you then why not go there? Your not committed for four years anymore you can leave after one season if it doesn't work out. Maybe she will have to work the portal again for 2025 season, but I have hope that at least two or three players will like what Tennessee has to offer and come here on that information alone.

VN Store

Back