2025 Recruiting

no,,,by saying he is willing to pay Kim top pay for a women's bb coach for a Natty,
he has opened the door to do the same for a potential next high-profile target

And just think about it...if a recent top 5 coach (Dawn, Kim, Geno) came to TN,,they would have their recent success coupled with TN's reverence in the field of women's sports to get the top tier HS recruits

That is the key,,,look at each of their programs

They follow the same format,,,get 2-3 top 25 prospects a year and pepper in the best portal players by position necessity
I do understand that Kim has to do it backwards (Portal players to fill immediate needs),,,but I don't understand her not working harder for HS recruuits while doing so.

The two highest profile recruits I talk to both say the same thing,,,they didn't feel valued
Maybe the staff judged they were just in the dance line and doubling down would only yield bigtime losses for opponents and negatrons to jump on. Time better spent on portal and 26’ when we MAY have something to sell.

Maybe the staff judged they were just in the dance line and doubling down would only yield bigtime losses for opponents and negatrons to jump on. Time better spent on portal and 26’ when we MAY have something to sell.
The portal was necessary and we got some very good quality players...VERY GOOD pickups!
I am very happy with each and every portal acquisition,,,make no mistake!

Reactions: Ratvol and Orange.
The portal was necessary and we got some very good quality players...VERY GOOD pickups!
I am very happy with each and every portal acquisition,,,make no mistake!
Do you have any reason to believe matching the interest shown by the winners of the two prospects would have brought them to town, or would it have been a bad use of time and money? Could continued more SERIOUS pursuit have impacted us picking up those we did? Ending up with less?

I see no value add to throwing their post signing observations out here. Not a talent analysis issue, but a relationship analysis issue, in a relationship heavy field. Maximizing this first year will be key in future relationship building efforts when they won’t be a transitioning staff. Can’t measure that success or failure till next signing period.

Do you have any reason to believe matching the interest shown by the winners of the two prospects would have brought them to town, or would it have been a bad use of time and money? Could continued more SERIOUS pursuit have impacted us picking up those we did? Ending up with less?

I see no value add to throwing their post signing observations out here. Not a talent analysis issue, but a relationship analysis issue, in a relationship heavy field. Maximizing this first year will be key in future relationship building efforts when they won’t be a transitioning staff. Can’t measure that success or failure till next signing period.
If the prospects you are referring to are two I communicated with,,,absolutely! They both were waiting on more interest by TN. A few more phone calls and I am pretty certain we would already have them both...and if you know HS recruiting,,when a high profiler makes a decision, it creates a domino effect and others waiting on the higher recruits choice then make theirs more quickly. Thus we may have gotten another in the process.

And no! it would not have affected portal acquisitions,,,we're talking a couple of phone calls for a couple of minutes for a couple of weeks here,,,not hours and hours of time.

Agree maximizing the first year is essential,,,but so is going after the HS recruits that were already on board with TN. Once the portal race began to close (and at least some of the time during), the next major task has to be HS recruits you have the best chance of getting...and those are the ones that have already pre-committed

These are young girls, not young men or grown women...They yearn to be valued. For most young females (MS to HS), they get their "personal worth" from outside influences, not innate conclusions. It is only after they fully mature that they begin to fully deem their own self-worth. I have worked with 12-18 year olds for 40+ years,,,this is something I am absolute on.

Reactions: brittannica
If the prospects you are referring to are two I communicated with,,,absolutely! They both were waiting on more interest by TN. A few more phone calls and I am pretty certain we would already have them both...and if you know HS recruiting,,when a high profiler makes a decision, it creates a domino effect and others waiting on the higher recruits choice then make theirs more quickly. Thus we may have gotten another in the process.

And no! it would not have affected portal acquisitions,,,we're talking a couple of phone calls for a couple of minutes for a couple of weeks here,,,not hours and hours of time.

Agree maximizing the first year is essential,,,but so is going after the HS recruits that were already on board with TN. Once the portal race began to close (and at least some of the time during), the next major task has to be HS recruits you have the best chance of getting...and those are the ones that have already pre-committed

These are young girls, not young men or grown women...They yearn to be valued. For most young females (MS to HS), they get their "personal worth" from outside influences, not innate conclusions. It is only after they fully mature that they begin to fully deem their own self-worth. I have worked with 12-18 year olds for 40+ years,,,this is something I am absolute on.
Who were the two and where did they commit?

What if the new staff did evaluate those two players and decided they were not the fit or type of player they were looking to bring in. I assume if they were, the staff would have done what is necessary to get them here. Just because you or some others want them here doesn't mean squat in the long run. Just saying. Maybe it's not a failure but a conscious choice not to pursue them.

What if the new staff did evaluate those two players and decided they were not the fit or type of player they were looking to bring in. I assume if they were, the staff would have done what is necessary to get them here. Just because you or some others want them here doesn't mean squat in the long run. Just saying. Maybe it's not a failure but a conscious choice not to pursue them.
Or more likely they saw we didn't really have a chance at landing them and decided to put time and resources into more winnable situations.

OUCH!
Though we were apparently of no serious interest to her, (IMO) Crump is, at this stage, the most college-ready player in the class. Vic is getting yet another great one. She and Madison Booker together? My goodness!

Hurst could get pushed around a bit at first; but the fact that she's more an outside-in Big allows her to pick and choose when best to drive, or pull up. And, players of this type quite often become excellent passers! Should she choose to prioritize basketball, and should she choose to be a Lady Vol ...well, that's very exciting!

Taliyah Henderson - a top-flight, level-headed athlete with a lovely disposition. She plays hard, plays tough, plays smart, and just appears to truly enjoy the game. Another three level scorer (there are a few of those in this particular class), a lefty who finishes strong from both sides of the basket. Also finds teammates, and delivers fast balls! This gal don't mess around.
If you have the time to view this two-minute video, notice that she doesn't just "watch" players/role models ...she absorbs them, studies successful attitudes and behaviors. And her pedigree! And, like our Kaiya, a track star! An all-around impressive player and person. You want people like this on your team! Let's see how it goes.
Cheers.

I know the work Coach Sam put into this recruit as she and I have communicated on this subject

I am NOT undermining anyone.
I am also not going to give Kim,,the 2nd coming of Pat Summitt

My mind will be made up when I see more HS recruits than I see portal players,,,as THAT IS the recipe for dynasties! And until I see top 50 recruits populating TN's lineup,,,my stance will not change
Lsu says otherwise after a national title and a final four back to back with a roster of mostly portal players. You can win either way. Not to mention what chance has ckc had to bring in high-school kids? Hasn't even coached her first season yet. The whole Sam doing the work on a player you really think that just transferred over to the new coach who Sam doesn't even work for? Or could the recruit actually like that new coach and actually want to play for her instead. If it was all her relationship with Sam she could just follow her so really that logic makes zero sense but continue undermining the current coach and making snide remarks about her all because your connections to the staff has been lost.

Lsu says otherwise after a national title and a final four back to back with a roster of mostly portal players. You can win either way. Not to mention what chance has ckc had to bring in high-school kids? Hasn't even coached her first season yet. The whole Sam doing the work on a player you really think that just transferred over to the new coach who Sam doesn't even work for? Or could the recruit actually like that new coach and actually want to play for her instead. If it was all her relationship with Sam she could just follow her so really that logic makes zero sense but continue undermining the current coach and making snide remarks about her all because your connections to the staff has been lost.
have they?

I [refuse to] say now, but will/can when they make their final commit....
Just as everyone thought!

Please -- for the love of the Lady Vols -- DO NOT EVER make your accusations again, now or later. You just made your wishes and intentions clear.

It wouldn't matter later, or have any credibility, or have any possibility of doing anything except harming our LV program, coach, players, and fans.

I don't understand why you are allowed to do to it.

Halp, halp, cooch Jumpy! Only you can save us! 😂

Last edited:
Just as everyone thought!

Please -- for the love of the Lady Vols -- DO NOT EVER make your accusations again, now or later. You just made your wishes and intentions clear.

It wouldn't matter later, or have any credibility, or have any possibility of doing anything except harming our LV program, coach, players, and fans.

I don't understand why you are allowed to do to it.

Halp, halp, cooch Jumpy! Only you can save us! 😂
No just as YOU thought!
You don't speak for everyone
those with brains know why I don't specify names
but for the simple:
If we do still stand a chance of landing these two recruits, I would rather not complicate it by making them publicly known

You say I have no credibility, yet you follow my every word (thought you were blocking me ;o)...And just fyi,,,You need to have credibility first before you can jeopardize someone else's.

I guess you're a fan of mine and just won't admit it to yourself
oh well
we all have to have heroes

Last edited:
Unless the importance of HS recruiting is lost
You are accidentally throwing Sam and Kellie under the bus. Shame on you!

They lacked the knowledge of HS recruiting's importance, according to you? Or they had the knowledge but lacked all ability, according to you? Or it takes 6 years minimum and a situation where no actual results -- but only unverifiable speculation and accusations -- are in play in order for them to succeed, according to you?

Think, for once, about the logical implications of your pot shots. And stop your hating.

Last edited:
Can we get back to the thread now
Yes. This was the last recruiting news on the case you were lyingly depicting as an easy unchallenged layup: #1,784

You started all sorts of diversions, but never answered why you never mentioned any of this.

Last edited:
Sam was working very specifically on this girl while here
She should be a get for TN
Now use logic and evaluate your alleged causality here. Are you saying that Sam almost never "was working very specifically" on more than a couple of girls in the last 5 years? Because, according to you, if she did, then every one of them "should" have been "a get for TN."

Stop making wild accusations and stupid arguments that (accidentally) impugn Kellie and Sam, you nitwit.

Last edited:
Now use logic and evaluate your alleged causality here. Are you saying that Sam almost never "was working very specifically" on more than a couple of girls in the last 5 years? Because, according to you, if she did, then every one of them "should" have been "a get for TN."

Stop making wild accusations and stupid arguments that (accidentally) impugn Kellie and Sam, you nitwit.
I Ain't "saying" nothing else to you...My ex-wife wasn't as argumentative!

I'll be glad when football starts, so as to make room for the real Lady Vol posters and not just bored football posters

I Ain't "saying" nothing else to you...My ex-wife wasn't as argumentative!

I'll be glad when football starts, so as to make room for the real Lady Vol posters and not just bored football posters
You have never had one single point that you could contest. I have been 100% correct in every post.

Ducking and dodging and appealing to prejudice is all you have. 😂

Penn State, Illinois, and Texas Tech aren't even current top 35 teams in women's basketball. Not overly excited after seeing this.
Are you saying you think that they are not good enough to be in Tennessee because of their offer list, I'm confused?!? I think their tape is decent...

Any update with DeeDee Hagemann?

VN Store

Back