• PRO QB
  • HEIGHT 6-2
  • WEIGHT 175
  • HIGH SCHOOL Kennedy Catholic
  • HOME TOWN Burien, WA
  • CLASS 2021
Sam Huard, Kennedy Catholic, Pro-Style Quarterback

Sam Huard on Hudl

Huard visited for the Bama game. Vols offered last month.

Last edited:
just saw the name, and I thought "man, that looks like a QB's name" sure enough, it is.

Your father is former NFL quarterback Damon Huard. Your uncle is Brock Huard, another NFL quarterback. Another uncle, Luke Huard, is a former quarterback turned Division I offensive coordinator. Safe to say, playing quarterback and playing it at a high level, runs in the blood of Sam Huard. “I mean, yeah, pretty much,” Huard told GoVols247 on Sunday. “It’s been my passion since I was super young. I knew it was what I wanted to pursue.”

“But I’d say my biggest strengths are my accuracy, my anticipation and football IQ, because I’ve been around it since I was super young.”

“They want me to go out and find the best fit for me," he said. "I haven’t really gotten too involved in the recruiting process yet. I’m still a sophomore and just want to worry about myself getting better and worry about my school. “They’re open to me finding the best fit. Whether that’s 10 minutes from my house or 10 hours. They’re great about that. Just very supportive, wanting me to find the best place for me.”

“The thing that impressed me the most was probably the coaching staff,” Huard said of the visit. “They were all amazing. Tennessee football is going to be really talented in a couple years with the direction they’re going in, with the coaches. “Just to be able to be around them, to be able to talk to them, I was really impressed. Being in that environment, it was crazy. That was my first SEC game. So it was really loud. Really fun to be there.”

Last edited by a moderator:
“I was really excited to get down there,” Huard said. “I went down with my mom and my coach joined us on gameday and it just blew me away. I knew it was going to be special and I knew it was going to be a fun experience but just the way they set it up so I could see everything and the experience I had was just really cool and I was really happy to go check it out.”

“The coaching staff, I was really impressed with them,” Huard said. “Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt, they’re all new there, and he has a great staff around him. It’s really clear Tennessee is going to be a big-time program in a couple years and the direction they’re going and the goals they have are really cool.

“I know it was a tough game, they were playing ‘Bama, and ‘Bama is the best team in the nation right now. Tennessee will get there soon with the coaches they have. I also talked to coach (Tyson) Helton, coach (Brian) Niedermeyer and coach (Chris) Weinke. They’re all confident and they explained what Tennessee football is all about. Not only that but the SEC environment, the fans, how early they were to go the game and the noise level, I never really experienced anything like it before.”

So far this season, Huard has thrown for 3,170 yards with 34 touchdowns and eight interceptions. As a freshman, the 2021 recruit put up 3,432 yards and 34 scores.

- Adam Gorney, Rivals

When you have a storied athletic family tied to one school, you’re bound to have one that wants to go their own way.

His uncle Brock Huard spoke to the Quarterback Club this week and retold his chat with his nephew about the visit. Sounds pretty glowing.

Four-star QB Sam Huard shares visit notes with uncle Brock Huard

The thing that stood out to me the most was how much attention to detail. They had things going on everywhere. They gave me as incredible of an experience as I could imagine.

“When we got there, I met with Coach (Tyson) Helton first and he explained their style to me and we talked a little bit of football. I then sat down with Coach (Jeremy) Pruitt and he told me all about the goals and the direction that Tennessee football is going. I also met with Coach (Brian) Niedermeyer and Coach (Chris) Weinke.
“The thing that I took away from all of them was the seriousness of the team and how confident they all were in where this program is going. I’ve been around, and that was probably what impressed me most about them.
“After we talked to them, we were then able to go and check out all the facilities. The practice fields, the locker rooms, they were as good as they could possibly get. I met with the strength coach and the nutritionists and they were all so great. They explained to me the way they run their athletes and what they train them on.

“After I got to see the campus. Game day was nothing like I had ever experienced before. The Vol Walk they do before the game was incredible, then I got to see Peyton Manning too. Obviously the game was really loud. It was great to see the support from the fan base no matter what the record was or the score was. They support their team no matter what and that is definitely something I’m going to look for in a college.
“Overall, the experience flat out blew me away. I’m excited to see where Tennessee football is in a couple years and I can’t wait to come back. Plus the barbecue was pretty great too."

I was at the QB club yesterday to hear Brock speak. First off, Brock is one sharp guy and very impressive to listen to. Second, his story about Sam’s experience left me very confident in our staff’s ability to recruit and demonstrate their vision for the program to potential recruits.
Sounds like a complete 180 from what Bryn Tucker’s dad tried to portray

I was at the QB club yesterday to hear Brock speak. First off, Brock is one sharp guy and very impressive to listen to. Second, his story about Sam’s experience left me very confident in our staff’s ability to recruit and demonstrate their vision for the program to potential recruits.

Brock loves Knoxville

Brock loves Knoxville

He really does. Very sincere in his opinion of both the football program and the area whenever he has called our games.

Still going to be a very tough pull, but we just need to stay in it. Will be interesting to see how things play out at UW with Jacob Eason taking over next season.

VN Store

Back