Statistics to Consider for 2023 Season (FINAL)

mrmax86

Fight. Strain. Compete.
Updated through Citrus Bowl

Jabari Small (Sr.) has 22 career rushing TDs.
He needs 3 TDs to tie Jay Graham and Jimmy Streater at #10 all-time.​
Ended the regular season 1 short after only scoring 2 TDs in 2023.
Opted out to the NFL before the bowl game.

Jabari Small (Sr.) has 1643 career rushing yards.
He needs 721 yards to tie Curt Watson at #10 all-time.​
Ended the regular season 246 short after only rushing for 475 yards.

Jaylen Wright (Jr.) has 1284 career rushing yards
He needs 1080 yards to tie Curt Watson at #10 all-time.​
Ended the regular season with 1013. 67 short.
Given his pace, he could get close to top 10 in single season rushing records. He would need 1197 yards this season to tie Reggie Cobb.​
Ended the regular season with 1013. 184 short.

If Jaylen Wright stays at UT for his Senior season, he will be poised to break Travis Henry's all-time rushing record, if he stays and maintains his pace next season.
Ended the 2023 regular season with 2297. 67 (yet again) short of Curt Watson at #10 and 781 short of Henry.
Will he return for 2024?​

Joe Milton III (after 11 games) is responsible for 21 total TDs.
He needs 27 total TDs to tie Peyton Manning for #10 single-season TDs resp for.​
Against Vandy, he threw for 4 TDs and ran for 2 TDs to tie Peyton for #10 all-time.

Charles Campbell (after 11 games) has made 16 of 20 FGs
He needs 82.4% to tie Michael Palardy for #10 single-season FG%.​
80.0%. Needs to go 3/3 vs Vandy to pass Palardy.
Went 2/3. Finished the season 18/23 and 78.3%.
He needs 18 FG to tie Alex Walls and James Wilhoit for #10 single-season FGs​
Charles Campbell tied Alex Walls for #10 all time with 18 FGs in 2023.

James Pearce (after 12 games) has 8.5 sacks
He needs 10 to tie Derek Barnett and Ronnie McCartney for #10 single-season sacks​
1.5 to go
1 sack in the bowl game to end up with 9.5 sacks, 0.5 short of Barnett and McCartney.

If James Pearce stays at UT beyond this season, he will be in good position to break into the top-10 in sacks, all-time, if he maintains his current pace for this and next season.
Will pick back up on this in 2024.

Fun facts:
  • Hendon Hooker gained exactly 3,565 total yards in both 2021 and 2022 and is tied with himself for #4 all time in single season total yards.
  • Chase McGrath finished his 2-year Tennessee Career 28/36 (77.8%) on FGs. This put him in 2nd all-time behind Alex Walls, by one tenth of a percent

Last edited:
I feel like the most likely stat listed to be special is jabari small and the TD record.

Also, to think J Wright could break T Henry's record just by staying on pace is almost unbelievable. I wasn't even aware there was that much similarity between them. I think it's because we use the RB differently now compared to back then.

Nice work, op.

Last edited:
Listen, I know exactly how far out on the limb I am ... in fact I can hear the crackling sound the tree is making ... but I can't find the brake .... so ...
Offensive Stats
1691692439125.png
:^))))))

I feel like the most likely stat listed to be special is jabari small and the TD record.

Also, to think J Wright could break T Henry's record just by staying on pace is almost unbelievable. I wasn't even aware there was that much similarity between them. I think it's because we us the RB differently now compared to back then.

Nice work, op.
I think Wright will have his best season because he now understands and reads defenses. Sounded like Heupel alluded to it in his post-scrimmage presser.

This season, Wright's gonna read the D, hear the blocking calls, and know before the snap which direction he's going to break if he gets to the second level. And that decision will be worth an extra 10 yards to 6 points.

But... I also think this season we're gonna see Defensive Coordinators try to limit this offense by shutting down our run game. Don't know if it'll work, but Milton has too much experience for them to try to blitz him into mistakes. We may see more run blitzes against certain formations.

Listen, I know exactly how far out on the limb I am ... in fact I can hear the crackling sound the tree is making ... but I can't find the brake .... so ...
Offensive Stats
View attachment 568964
:^))))))
Let this sink in for a minute. 46 pts per game in 1st 2 seasons as our HC. He inherited a roster depleted of players and full of players no one else wanted and took the team to 18-8 over that span and a #1 ranking in year 2. Really 20-6 when you think about it because we got screwed in the Miss, game and the bowl game in 2021. 46pts per game! 4 better than Heath Shuler team of 1993.

Reactions: HalfullVol
I think Wright will have his best season because he now understands and reads defenses. Sounded like Heupel alluded to it in his post-scrimmage presser.

This season, Wright's gonna read the D, hear the blocking calls, and know before the snap which direction he's going to break if he gets to the second level. And that decision will be worth an extra 10 yards to 6 points.

But... I also think this season we're gonna see Defensive Coordinators try to limit this offense by shutting down our run game. Don't know if it'll work, but Milton has too much experience for them to try to blitz him into mistakes. We may see more run blitzes against certain formations.

Can Milton get a penalty if he injures someone on the other team by throwing the football at them?

If they try that given our receiving corp, Milton wins the Heisman.

If our defense can improve just a little, we're going to be hard to beat.
If the team as a whole can hold par on last year's stats Sans the USC and UGA games we are fine. UGA was our only terrible offensive output game and USCe was when our defense imploded. They also happen to be the 2 we lose. our defense did enough every other game but USCe to win.. And, our offense did more than enough every game but UGA to win.

Reactions: joevol33
Updates through Week 1

654 to go
He needs 1435 yards to tie Travis Henry at #1 all-time.​
1368 to go

Still 3 to go
He needs 15 TDs to tie Gene McEver at #1 all-time.​
Still 15 to go

965 to go
If he stays at UT for his Senior season, he will be poised to break Travis Henry's all-time rushing record, if he maintains his 2022 pace for the next two years​
9/5: He would need 1197 yards this season to tie Reggie Cobb for 10th all-time. He is currently on-pace.​
115. On-pace for 1380

Bru McCoy (Sr.) has 667 career receiving yards
He needs 1208 yards to tie Carl Pickens at #10 all-time​
1187 to go

Ramel Keyton (Sr.) has 814 career receiving yards
He needs 1061 yards to tie Carl Pickens at #10 all-time​
995 to go

We have had a 1,000+ yard receiver each of Heupel's first 2 seasons. Keep an eye out, if this happens again, they will tie/pass Lucas Taylor (1,000 yards) for 10th all-time. Tillman/Hyatt already in the top 10.

Fun facts:
  • Hendon Hooker gained exactly 3,565 total yards in both 2021 and 2022 and is tied with himself for #4 all time in single season total yards.
  • Chase McGrath finished his 2-year Tennessee Career 28/36 (77.8%) on FGs. This put him in 2nd all-time behind Alex Walls, by one tenth of a percent.
Went ahead and updated this after week 1. Jaylen Wright is on a good pace to hit a goal, so far.

Updates through Week 1

559 to go
1273 to go

Still 3 to go
Still 15 to go

847 to go
If he stays at UT for his Senior season, he will be poised to break Travis Henry's all-time rushing record, if he maintains his 2022 pace for the next two years​
9/5: He would need 1197 yards this season to tie Reggie Cobb for 10th all-time. He is currently on-pace.​
233. On-pace for 1398

1136 to go

943 to go

We have had a 1,000+ yard receiver each of Heupel's first 2 seasons. Keep an eye out, if this happens again, they will tie/pass Lucas Taylor (1,000 yards) for 10th all-time. Tillman/Hyatt already in the top 10.

Fun facts:
  • Chase McGrath finished his 2-year Tennessee Career 28/36 (77.8%) on FGs. This put him in 2nd all-time behind Alex Walls, by one tenth of a percent.
Updated after week 2. Both Jabari Small and Jaylen Wright are on pace to make it to top-ten all time in rushing yards, if they keep their current pace.

Updates through Week 1

463 to go
1177 to go

2 to go
14 to go

768 to go
9/5: He would need 1197 yards this season to tie Reggie Cobb for 10th all-time (single-season rushing yards).​
312. On-pace for 936

1012 to go

856 to go

Fun facts:
Updated after week 4

Just win…the main stat is teams beat vs lost to. The secondary state for me is “did we play sharp and win or did we play poorly and lose.“ We have yet to play a solid complete game. We played a 75% game against UVA. We played 50-50 games against APSU and UF. Last Saturdays game was another 75% game. Some of that may be injuries, some learning curve but, I’m looking for a 100% complete game Saturday night.

Updates through Week 5

404 to go
1118 to go

1 to go
13 to go

645 to go
Given his pace, he could get close to top 10 in single season rushing records. He would need 1197 yards this season to tie Reggie Cobb.​
435. On-pace for 1044

831 to go

If Jaylen Wright stays at UT for his Senior season, he will be poised to break Travis Henry's all-time rushing record, if he maintains his pace for this and next season

Fun facts:
Updated after week 5. Removed Bru's line since he's out for the season.

Last edited:
Updates through Week 7

362 to go

1 to go
13 to go

509 to go
571. On-pace for 1142

If Jaylen Wright stays at UT for his Senior season, he will be poised to break Travis Henry's all-time rushing record, if he maintains his pace for this and next season

Fun facts:
Updated after week 7 (game 6). All items listed are still in play.

Updates through Kentucky Game

306 to go

1 to go
13 to go

367 to go
713. On-pace for 1070

Fun facts:
Updated after Kentucky game.

VN Store

Back