I saw where Tyler Baron is officially back in the portal

Freak

VolNation's Grand Poobah
Staff member
Wonder what the story is? The whole Tennessee to Ole Miss, to Louisville, to back in the portal for Baron and Walker is wild.

Also from Matt Zenitz... "Not a done deal or anything like that at this point but a return to Ole Miss is expected to be among the considerations for Tyler Baron, sources tell @247Sports."

Who knows, I'm sure he has his reasons and maybe there are issues in the locker room of his causing or someone else.
I don't know that any of us know and that Josh knows much more than we do and will offer if it works for the team.

Reactions: WoodsmanVol
Wonder what the story is? The whole Tennessee to Ole Miss, to Louisville, to back in the portal for Baron and Walker is wild.

Also from Matt Zenitz... "Not a done deal or anything like that at this point but a return to Ole Miss is expected to be among the considerations for Tyler Baron, sources tell @247Sports."

Tyler who? Seems he isnt happy with anything.....perhaps the grass isnt always greener....

I believe Walker and Baron are half-brothers or step-brothers, so I’m guessing that has something to do with them sticking together during all of this.

I doubt we’ll ever know for sure what happened. I’ve seen some talk that the NIL money that was promised wasn’t delivered but not from any reputable sources.

I remember this quote from Jeff Brohm: "We love the addition of Tyler. Anytime you get a big, tall, athletic edge rusher that has played a lot of football, it's a big piece. I think he wants to go somewhere and basically play that position and try to play that position solely if he can. I think he was moved around a little bit."

After going through spring practice, he either didn't feel like he would be able to showcase his NFL talents at Louisville, or as others have mentioned, maybe there was an issue with NIL not coming through as promised.

I remember this quote from Jeff Brohm: "We love the addition of Tyler. Anytime you get a big, tall, athletic edge rusher that has played a lot of football, it's a big piece. I think he wants to go somewhere and basically play that position and try to play that position solely if he can. I think he was moved around a little bit."

After going through spring practice, he either didn't feel like he would be able to showcase his NFL talents at Louisville, or as others have mentioned, maybe there was an issue with NIL not coming through as promised.
Yeah he wanted to stay outside on 3rd down as opposed to moving inside in our “lambo package” or whatever it’s called. I’m not sure that I agree, as I think versatility is his biggest asset, as far as the NFL goes. But it’s his career and future that’s on the line not mine. So I’m sure he’s doing what he thinks is best for him and his future. I hope he finds a landing spot that allows him to do that.

From what I read on internet, he got injured and won't be fully fit until fall. How realistic is it for him a join a team now, not practice until fall and then be able to get significant playing time there ? Sometimes these kids make bad decisions and whoever is advising them is not doing them any favors. I hope he finds a place where he can play and do well. Had he stayed at TN, he had mid to late round draft potential.

I believe Walker and Baron are half-brothers or step-brothers, so I’m guessing that has something to do with them sticking together during all of this.

I doubt we’ll ever know for sure what happened. I’ve seen some talk that the NIL money that was promised wasn’t delivered but not from any reputable sources.
Baron has had some issues with injury as well.

From what I read on internet, he got injured and won't be fully fit until fall. How realistic is it for him a join a team now, not practice until fall and then be able to get significant playing time there ? Sometimes these kids make bad decisions and whoever is advising them is not doing them any favors. I hope he finds a place where he can play and do well. Had he stayed at TN, he had mid to late round draft potential.
His father was on staff here for several years then left a few years ago.

Reactions: WillisWG

VN Store

Back