Felix Okpara commits to Vols!

Excellent pick up! Have a legit rim protector big man.

I have to admit that the feeling of an entire team coming back (or most of it) was pretty special, but we have heard from many that what has been done is not enough, so change was inevitable.

Many thought Calapari had the formula, but we saw him prove one and done NBA talent is not sustainable. On top of that, we have seen some turn into busts at our own program.

So, what’s better? A bunch of star freshman, or a bunch of better than average transfers around core guys like ZZ with one or two years left of eligibility?

While the sentimentality of college sports is dissipating, it may just be the sacrifice we have to accept in order to win championships.

This may be the better way to go, and it seems as though we are well on our way to finding out.

Anybody know how he compares to Aidoo? On the surface, he seems to have a similar build and skill set.

I guess the real question is will it be a net gain for us when comparing the two?

Go see the transfer portal thread. That discussion is nauseating.
Yep. Too many people claiming to be “insiders” and argue with others who have a different opinion. I think a few are on these boards 24-7.

Anyway, hopefully this young man can help next season and beyond.

Reactions: spyfish007 and sami
He has some interesting stats:
* last year he shot 58.6% from the field, and 58.9% from the FT line
* he had 99 made field goals, 49 of which were dunks

He is a good rim protector and seems to do ok in transition, but don't count him scoring a lot on the low block with his back to the basket

Yep. Too many people claiming to be “insiders” and argue with others who have a different opinion. I think a few are on these boards 24-7.

Anyway, hopefully this young man can help next season and beyond.
People are busy doing player comparison and they don't even agree on the attributes on a single player. Of course you are not going to agree on a comparison. I liked Aidoo, but not to acknowledge he was sometimes tentative at the rim is ignorance or avoidance. Aidoo also had a good 3 point stroke if you watched him in warm ups. That didn't get used last few years. I am excited about Okpara. I will be curious what he could do in a pick and roll with ZZ.

VN Store

Back