Notable UT betting game odds

secking

UT -5.5 NCSU
UT +5 Oklahoma
UT -11 Florida -is this the highest over UF?
UT +2 Alabama
UT +17.5 Georgia

Odds courtesy of DraftKings

UT goes 3-2 in these games over, or under?

UT -5.5 NCSU
UT +5 Oklahoma
UT +2 Alabama
UT +17.5 Georgia

If I was an avid gambler, I'd be tempted to take Tennessee and those lines right now. Only one I'd be a little concerned with is the Florida line. No doubt in my mind we win the game, not sure about the cover.

Reactions: OptimisticFan
-I don't see us beating UGA
-I think Florida we win
-**Oklahoma flip a coin. I think Heupel gives it his all to beat his alma to prove himself. I see him preparing for this game MORE than any other. Oklahoma will put their heart into this game. Imagine Peyton Manning coaching somewhere else against us. We'd try to kick his ass.
-Bama flip a coin

0 losses build a statue of Heupel and name a road after him, have him run for governor, would be way more impressive than 1998 schedule. Neyland level.

Imo 1 loss is probably given (playoff!) A++ season, contract extension level, statue status. Would be like 98 to me considering the schedule is freaking hard.

2 is highly likely (playoff likely!!) A+ season, I'd put 4 more vol stickers on my car. Would be an amazing season and anyone criticizing the future would be a crack head.

3 somewhat expected (woopsie season, if we don't show up vs UF/OU/Bama, like the mizzou game last season) B- season, I'd still be happy that we are trending in SEC and defend Heupel against criticism, because this is expected to me. Intellectually honest, this would be where I'd imagine we end up.

4 Likely won't happen, C- season, would be slightly sad and watch the good ole glory days all offseason. This would be if we piss our pants vs uf ou Bama uga. Wouldn't really be upset at Heupel as this is what I almost expected but we piss our pants against a surely winnable game, which would be concerning. Criticism would be fair here as it means we are not winning by/from coaching.

5 would be some Pruitt ****, F-, fire the coordinators liquidate the generals. It would be if we lose all tossups and a gimme game. I'd expect Heupel to fire all the vulnerabilities and take blame. If he owned up to this failure no problem, still have some level of sales material for recruiting, just not much hype.

6 would be bad HC level, 1 final season of tolerance before evaluating new options. Means we got outcoached all season.

7+ would be fire him now burn **** for me. (Lose all tossup and more) Would have 0 excuses and would see him just like Dooley Jones & Prooproo đź’© wouldn't trust anything coaches say again

Last edited:
Based on those odds. How many points you get for home field advantage? I’ve always heard 3-4 but this gotta be a lot more.

Based on those odds. How many points you get for home field advantage? I’ve always heard 3-4 but this gotta be a lot more.
You are correct, it’s 3-3.5 points depending on venue. Obviously playing at Neyland is harder than playing at Vanderbilt, so UT would be getting the 3.5 at home

I'm surprised by the UF line. When was the last time we beat them by more than a touchdown? 2016 maybe? The NC State line seems a little on the low side. I would switch that line and the Florida line, otherwise the rest seem about right. I'd normally be shocked by the Bama line but we've played a great game against them two years in a row now.

If I was an avid gambler, I'd be tempted to take Tennessee and those lines right now. Only one I'd be a little concerned with is the Florida line. No doubt in my mind we win the game, not sure about the cover.
I might would take the UGA line in Neyland but not in Athens. In our 7 game losing streak we have lost to them by 28, 14, 24, 23, 29, 26 and 41. The one time we would have covered 17.5 was with our best team in the last 20 years and they threw 1 pass the last 20 minutes of the game.

I'm surprised by the UF line. When was the last time we beat them by more than a touchdown? 2016 maybe? The NC State line seems a little on the low side. I would switch that line and the Florida line, otherwise the rest seem about right. I'd normally be shocked by the Bama line but we've played a great game against them two years in a row now.
They lost a lot of what little talent they had and their schedule before they play us is pretty tough. They might be banged up.

Reactions: SpookyAction
UT -5.5 NCSU
UT +5 Oklahoma
UT +2 Alabama
UT +17.5 Georgia

Over and the North Carolina State opening line is a little high.

UT -5.5 NCSU
UT +5 Oklahoma
UT +2 Alabama
UT +17.5 Georgia

3-2 sounds right to me

You are correct, it’s 3-3.5 points depending on venue. Obviously playing at Neyland is harder than playing at Vanderbilt, so UT would be getting the 3.5 at home
Looks like we’re getting a 7 point home field advantage, which is probably right. Changing venue does this make sense?
Ok at home win by 2
@ Fl win by 4
@ Al lose by 9
Ga home lose by 10
Maybe that’s 3.5 on each side for a 7 point swing?

I might would take the UGA line in Neyland but not in Athens. In our 7 game losing streak we have lost to them by 28, 14, 24, 23, 29, 26 and 41. The one time we would have covered 17.5 was with our best team in the last 20 years and they threw 1 pass the last 20 minutes of the game.

I'm so tired of Georgia. Bama as a national powerhouse really sucks for us, when Florida was a national powerhouse it really sucked for us, but Georgia being a powerhouse is just annoying.

It feels like Oklahoma State being a powerhouse or something, like "Would yall just go back to that #10-15 range where you belong already?"

I'm so tired of Georgia. Bama as a national powerhouse really sucks for us, when Florida was a national powerhouse it really sucked for us, but Georgia being a powerhouse is just annoying.

It feels like Oklahoma State being a powerhouse or something, like "Would yall just go back to that #10-15 range where you belong already?"
I'm probably a little bit older than you, but that's how Florida has always seemed to me. I was a teenager when Florida won the SEC the first time and had it's first 10 win season ever. Georgia historically is a lot better program than Florida is.

I'm probably a little bit older than you, but that's how Florida has always seemed to me. I was a teenager when Florida won the SEC the first time and had it's first 10 win season ever. Georgia historically is a lot better program than Florida is.

I get that, but at least Florida is currently where they belong. Thats what I want for Georgia.

I get that, but at least Florida is currently where they belong. Thats what I want for Georgia.
I'd be good with them all sucking but UT and UGA are pretty comparable over the long haul.

Yeah, UF is a historically decent program but as you said, they didn’t even have South Carolina’s trophy case (1 league title) until the 90s. Spurrier came close as a player but they lost to UGA and lost it. Historically for the league, UGA is #2 in wins and titles in the SEC. UT and LSU are right there for SEC titles. Fun fact, Tulane has more SEC titles than 7 SEC programs.

Reactions: unfrozencvmanvol
That was partially due to rain. Mostly due to UGA's stellar secondary...

I’ll take Vols ML in 4 of those games. Cover the State game too.

Imagine the Florida game is at Gainesville. Then extrapolate the spread. That will tell you what home field is really worth.. 95,000 fans yelling so loud the opposing team cannot hear the signals; is worth 3.5-4 points? Right.

I have this weird feeling in the pit of my stomach we are gonna see Georgia twice this year.

I don't think we will make it to the SEC championship, so that only leaves the playoffs.

I don't think we can take them down twice in one season, so I would prefer to take our shot with the marbles on the line

VN Store

Back