Big month for college sports....article referenced

Back in 1978, the Daily Beacon used a picture of me at a UT football game. Should I get a lawyer to recover my lost NIL revenue??
Will you take your "Compensation" in 1978 Dollar Values?
*The U.S. dollar has lost 79% its value since 1978

Reactions: Volador
Back in 1978, the Daily Beacon used a picture of me at a UT football game. Should I get a lawyer to recover my lost NIL revenue??
You might be able to collect some money if the pic resulted in financial gain for the business. Case in point: Some years ago, Folger used a photo of a guy holding a cup of coffee. OK, now, IIRC, he had auctioned to be a model for this ad. He was not selected. BUT Folger ended up using the picture anyway. Decades later, again IIRC, a friend told him the guy in the ad looked like him. See, the guy himself apparently wasn't a coffee drinker. So had never paid attention to coffee ads. He checked, yep, that's him. Pizzed because he was told back then his auction was rejected for selection. Folger end up paying the guy MILLIONS for, among other things, fraud. Actually, Folger Coffee has a reputation for all kinds of things. Including a VERY suggestive incest ad. No, I'm not kidding.

Last edited:
I could have been a lawyer. Just had a problem with all that law stuff. Probably for the best.

VN Store

Back