Sean McDonough on the call this week - thank you, ABC!

sami

Not only for having the best ABC/ESPN broadcaster doing the game, but for sparing us the odious Joe Tessitore once again. We've avoided him all season, but at some point our luck will run out.

McDonough is one of the best who's ever done it. Who can ever forget one of the great calls ever of one of the most iconic moments.

Not only for having the best ABC/ESPN broadcaster doing the game, but for sparing us the odious Joe Tessitore once again. We've avoided him all season, but at some point our luck will run out.

McDonough is one of the best who's ever done it. Who can ever forget one of the great calls ever of one of the most iconic moments.

Hurrah! NO Fowler-Herbstreit blabbering.

I'm just glad there's no more Gary Danielson

I thought this would be the first response, so it was a bit late in the thread.

I'll take Danielson if it means we get Brad Nessler in a second over any ABC/ESPN group aside from McDonough and anyone.

Speaking of all-time great calls, there's this one from Nessler. "He got it ............ and here they come!" Perfect.

I agree, McDonough is better than Fowler. Put Mcdonough with Herbie as the No.1 crew! Happy to have him calling this game. Although we do have a Alabama QB as the color analyst 😂

Was Tessitore getting cash every time he used the term "T-town" last week during the Bama/ USC game? That was almost Cringey.

Tessitore is one of the best there is

I agree on Tessitore - can’t stand him. That being said, he always calls the noon game, which I believe is Miami-Louisville this week.

Reactions: sami

You missed the most iconic part where Billy Ratliff pushed the Arkie OT into QB Stoerner which caused him to fumble.

Reactions: wmcovol
I always thought Todd Blackledge did a good job - I especially liked his “taste of the town” bits during games. It always made me want to go to those college towns and eat wherever he was.

Reactions: wmcovol
I've always had a soft spot for McDonough ever since he called a good portion of our games from '98.

A few of his calls from the Florida and Arkansas games live rent free in my head.

VN Store

Back