4 star QB Antwann Hill commits to Memphis.

MidTennVols

Earlier today, Antwann Hill, a four star quarterback rated as the 174th best player in the nation, commited to the Memphis Tigers.

My question to Vol Nation is, how much NIL money do you think Hill is getting? I don't have any 'legitimate' sources, but I'm hearing they are paying big money for his services.

Earlier today, Antwann Hill, a four star quarterback rated as the 174th best player in the nation, commited to the Memphis Tigers.

My question to Vol Nation is, how much NIL money do you think Hill is getting? I don't have any 'legitimate' sources, but I'm hearing they are paying big money for his services.
Well FEDEX is contributing $25 million to their NIL fund over the next 5 years so there is money available. Not sure how I’d feel if I was one of their stockholders and how they justify that for an AAC team but I reckon that’s their business. Personally I only use UPS. I’m not going to contribute to the Memphis NIL fund.

Market value for a 4 star QB will soon get to be around 1m/yr. It's probably already there for most P4 QBs.

There's been smoke about Memphis to ACC. This is the sort of posturing I'd expect from a team making the jump to P4.

Good get for them, this is their highest ranked QB they've ever signed.

Well FEDEX is contributing $25 million to their NIL fund over the next 5 years so there is money available. Not sure how I’d feel if I was one of their stockholders and how they justify that for an AAC team but I reckon that’s their business. Personally I only use UPS. I’m not going to contribute to the Memphis NIL fund.
A good reason to boycott Fedex. Every member school of that American conference should boycott Fedex.

Didn't know this was a HoCo kid. Surprised he chose Memphis. Definitely NIL. Otherwise he goes SEC (Barn, Arky, or Bama).

A 4star QB going to a 2nd tier school to show out for a couple of seasons, then hit the portal for a big time starting spot seems like a sound plan.
It will be interesting to watch.
Memphis is definitely a program with enough offensive talent to showcase his QB skillset.

A 4star QB going to a 2nd tier school to show out for a couple of seasons, then hit the portal for a big time starting spot seems like a sound plan.
Memphis is definitely a program with enough offensive talent to showcase his QB skillset.
Plus he will have a chance to make the CFP. I don’t know what Memphis State’s outlook is this season, but they’re usually an upper echelon G5 school. If they can maintain being a solid program they have the right to play the #5 seed and get blown out by the second best team in the SEC or Big 10. If he shows out against them in the CFP he will get a huge NIL offer from a Power 4 school.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Why not just go to a big time Power 5 school from the jump? He basically could of went anywhere. I'm certain there are several major schools with a true QB competition going on. He could of took that route and potentially started as a true freshman. There is no need in him going to a school like Memphis to showcase his skills in hopes of transferring to a bigger school for a bigger NIL deal on down the road. IMO that simply tells me Memphis outbidded everyone for his services.

Reactions: SpookyAction
Memphis is a sleeping giant...............

Fred Smith wants to winner................

VN Store

Back