5 Questions Surrounding Preseason Camp...

Jancek and Martinez were jokes at UGA.....crossing my fingers that they've got it together by now.

Jancek and Martinez were jokes at UGA.....crossing my fingers that they've got it together by now.

Ask Florida if they were jokes last year in the bowl game. They have become very good coaches after the UGA days. Much better than we have had the last 2-3 years.

Worley is the starting QB.
North slowly develops into a threat by the back end of the schedule.
WR will not be a negative this season.
Curt comes back strong.
Front seven makes secondary look more improved than they are.
Palardy has a solid season.
We won't have a dangerous return man.
OLine will live up to the hype.
Neal and Lane will reach a new level of production that many don't expect.
(both are draft-worthy talents)
Team will perform consistently and more disciplined.

Reactions: 4 people
Worley is the starting QB.
North slowly develops into a threat by the back end of the schedule.
WR will not be a negative this season.
Curt comes back strong.
Front seven makes secondary look more improved than they are.
Palardy has a solid season.
We won't have a dangerous return man.
OLine will live up to the hype.
Neal and Lane will reach a new level of production that many don't expect.
(both are draft-worthy talents)
Team will perform consistently and more disciplined.

Super excited about North. Super excited about the WR's in general actually.

I wonder if Alden Hill is gonna keep the momentum going from the spring and carve himself out a role in this offense.

We definitely can't afford to have any injuries in the secondary. I'm afraid we are too thin for comfort.

I hope you're right about the front seven. We definitely have a veteran group that should be hungry. I really like some of the young guys on the D-line like LaTroy Lewis and Corey Vereen. They looked pretty explosive in the spring game. Interested to see what Jason Carr looks like too.

Super excited about North. Super excited about the WR's in general actually.

I wonder if Alden Hill is gonna keep the momentum going from the spring and carve himself out a role in this offense.

We definitely can't afford to have any injuries in the secondary. I'm afraid we are too thin for comfort.

I hope you're right about the front seven. We definitely have a veteran group that should be hungry. I really like some of the young guys on the D-line like LaTroy Lewis and Corey Vereen. They looked pretty explosive in the spring game. Interested to see what Jason Carr looks like too.

I also am extremely excited for the Receiving Corps. Lots of talent there. And Alden Hill did seem to impress in the Spring. I just think Neal and Lane are better athletes that are poised for a breakout season. I honestly think they have what it takes to be one of the best SEC tandems of 2013. Watch for them to be dangerous catching passes out of the backfield.

Ask Florida if they were jokes last year in the bowl game. They have become very good coaches after the UGA days. Much better than we have had the last 2-3 years.

Sometimes people act like coaches can't develop and get better the way a player can! Just remember, some people felt like UT would never win the SEC or a national championship as long as John Chavis was our DC. We ended up winning a LOT of football while he was our DC including 5 SEC East titles, 2 SEC titles, and 1 National Championship! People can make fun of "3rd and Chavis" all they want but we had great defenses under him!

If by ‘jokes’ you mean ‘scapegoats’ then yes, you’re correct. Good thing they are running the Butch Jones defense and not the Mark Richt defense. The same defense that this year held the UT offense to a measly 37 points.

If by ‘jokes’ you mean ‘scapegoats’ then yes, you’re correct. Good thing they are running the Butch Jones defense and not the Mark Richt defense. The same defense that this year held the UT offense to a measly 37 points.

Their D improved after they left, and ask any UGA fan what they think of them and that will tell you all you need to know. That said, hope they are much better now than then.

Their D improved after they left, and ask any UGA fan what they think of them and that will tell you all you need to know. That said, hope they are much better now than then.

It did? Seriously, I’m trying to find some actual statistical proof of whether one defense was superior to another. From the scores from UGA’s 2005-2012 seasons, it seems like they get scored on pretty heavy by anybody with a good offense. And sometimes by teams that don’t. Not a real difference before or after they changed to Todd Grantham.

People can make fun of "3rd and Chavis" all they want but we had great defenses under him!

Hehe. Don't hear a lot outta that group anymore. Watching Chavis' Ds devouring nearly everyone at LSU, then looking at Troy's 721 yards in Neyland can do that. :eek:hmy:

"3rd and Chavis" looks pretty attractive now that our opponents never even make it to 3rd down.

VN Store

Back