7-4 ?

donsargegolf

All year I've made the case RS needed to go. After today's game I've read Chavis, Sanders, Stephens even the "hog-joweled coach" should go. Many people keep saying UT should have been a 7-4 team to begin with. Regardless of who the man that should go is, with all the success our program has enjoyed since '98, to expect a 7-4 record tells us all there IS a problem. The question is, who is the problem and who should go?

Originally posted by donsargegolf@Nov 27, 2004 7:42 PM
All year I've made the case RS needed to go. After today's game I've read Chavis, Sanders, Stephens even the "hog-joweled coach" should go. Many people keep saying UT should have been a 7-4 team to begin with. Regardless of who the man that should go is, with all the success our program has enjoyed since '98, to expect a 7-4 record tells us all there IS a problem. The question is, who is the problem and who should go?

uhh I think the 7-4 expectation was based on a youth movement, rebuilding year, something along those lines. But the kids far exceeded what was expected of them.

Now if another coach was still at the helm, a 7-4 season would be about normal.

Why does anyone "need to go"? You a bammer or something? Just becasue were not going to the SECCG - someone has to...... Oh wait, we ARE in the title game. OK, OK... Just because we arent in the NC game someone has to go....

Fans that call for heads to roll after thier coaches take a team that was supposed to be 7-4 to the SECCG should be the "ones to go". [Fine Print] With their 3rd string QB It seems you've lost focus - are you a fan of "records" and "rankings"? Cause I'm not. I'm a Vol who gets behind his team (including coaches) win or lose, whether thier first or last, rain or shine. Thats what being a Vol is all about. I consider any year we beat Florida, Georgia and Alabama and make it to the SEC title game a very freakin good year - but thats just me...

Remember this, you may think you know more about football than Sanders; you may think you know more than Fulmer - in both cases you don't and you never will. Thats why they are paid six figures + each year to coach football - and you are not.

Originally posted by Septic@Nov 27, 2004 9:28 PM
Why does anyone "need to go"? You a bammer or something? Just becasue were not going to the SECCG - someone has to...... Oh wait, we ARE in the title game. OK, OK... Just because we arent in the NC game someone has to go....

Fans that call for heads to roll after thier coaches take a team that was supposed to be 7-4 to the SECCG should be the "ones to go". [Fine Print] With their 3rd string QB It seems you've lost focus - are you a fan of "records" and "rankings"? Cause I'm not. I'm a Vol who gets behind his team (including coaches) win or lose, whether thier first or last, rain or shine. Thats what being a Vol is all about. I consider any year we beat Florida, Georgia and Alabama and make it to the SEC title game a very freakin good year - but thats just me...

Remember this, you may think you know more about football than Sanders; you may think you know more than Fulmer - in both cases you don't and you never will. Thats why they are paid six figures + each year to coach football - and you are not.

Yeah. But Sarge knows Johnny Majors. And we know Majors is unbiased when he speaks of the current UT coach.

VN Store

Back