7th Coaches Poll 9/15

We should be at 5 or 6. Miami should be right in there with us. No way they aren't top 10 or better right now.....

Just win. It's that simple. Sucks the Vols have the schedule they do, but it is what it is. If you're gonna be a top 5 team, have to win games like the upcoming Oklahoma game.

Not ready to say Oklahoma is a must win, but it may as well be. Drop this game and the margin of error gets razor thin, so it's as close to a must win as it gets.....

I want us to be under respected as opposed to the alternative. All season long.
Not me.

To me, that seems like a self-doubting approach. Relying on stealth to sneak up on our opponents. That kind of thing.

I always want us respected as one of the best teams in the land, if not the very best. Always. Off-season, pre-season, during the season, and post-season. Always.

And then prove it's justified, over and over again, week in and week out.

Because that where I want our team to live, and I want no one in the country to have any doubt that's where we are.

Go Vols!

We should be at 5 or 6. Miami should be right in there with us. No way they aren't top 10 or better right now.....

Just win. It's that simple. Sucks the Vols have the schedule they do, but it is what it is. If you're gonna be a top 5 team, have to win games like the upcoming Oklahoma game.

Not ready to say Oklahoma is a must win, but it may as well be. Drop this game and the margin of error gets razor thin, so it's as close to a must win as it gets.....
What game isn’t a must win?

Reactions: NEO and WillisWG
We jumped 2 spots since last week in this poll. Probably a correction since they had us with less movement last week

I am a Miami hater, but they appear to be very underrated in this poll. They look the part to match their preseason hype this year. AND are in a conference without much, if any, power in it.

For Tennessee, the poll is meaningless until we have played someone better than a good AAA high school, or pretentious ACC champion wannabe.

Reactions: Hydro556
Beat Alabama. Save the kitchen sink for Alabama. I could not stand to lose against them two years in a row. Must protect Neyland.
Need to beat Florida first to keep that ref bias BS out of the equation. Bama got some calls last year that I don’t feel like they would have if Tennessee was undefeated. Conference always tries to get as many teams in competing for the title as possible. Tn screwed themselves by losing to a crap Florida team.

VN Store

Back