8/6/13 practice video

4:41 - Trooper?...is that racist?

I think the butcher is hustlin 'Merica with all these dropped balls.
Smokescreen...IMO

Reactions: 1 person
The most prominent thing that stuck out for me in this video is how much good weight Dobbs has put on since HS. His body looks like a college QB already. Good for him.

Shew Ferguson has great mechanics on that second to last throw on the run...nice and compact and not a lot of wasted movement in his wind up...Worley looked like he had a good looking snapping motion on his throw too. Pretty neat to see.

I thought Dobbs looked a little loosey goosey in his throwing motion.

As for the drops...It's definitely not what you'd like to see, but what does have me excited is how hard they are running those routes and coming out of their breaks. That will pay dividends in creating separation come gameday, which is something we seemed to have problems with last year (except when we aired out and hunter and CP just cruised under em). I also really liked the wr drill where they practiced shedding the defender...some of those throws were horrible but hopefully we can tighten that up and nail those down because that is a cornerback killer, especially with the big bodies we have at wr.

Love the accessibility of practice this year haha
GO VOLS!!!!

Last edited:
I'm really liking Devrin Young in the slot....lot of promise there!

Our WR core has a lot of promise IMO ..

Slot - Pig , Devrin , Dallas , #87 Forgot Name .

OutSide - North , Croom , Harris , Smith , Blanc

That is the 9 guys I think we rotate this year. Azzani says he wants ideally 9 wr's to travel .

Just gotta catch the darn ball .. But hopefully it is just timing . :unsure:

I notice that when Worley and Peterman throwing together , he has a slow release.

VN Store

Back