A 7-9 team should not be rewarded TWICE..

Winning your division should give you a playoff spot, and not automatically mean that you host a game. Teams should be seeded 1-7 by their record. I have been saying this for years.

Some divisions and schedules are much harder than others, so that's why they don't just order 1-7 by record. It's a way to counterbalance that problem. That being said, they could have rules about win count minimums to guarantee a home playoff game and even a playoff game. IE, If you don't have 8 wins, you don't get into the playoffs. If you don't have 10 wins, you don't get a home game.

Reactions: DocVOLiday
Some divisions and schedules are much harder than others, so that's why they don't just order 1-7 by record. It's a way to counterbalance that problem. That being said, they could have rules about win count minimums to guarantee a home playoff game and even a playoff game. IE, If you don't have 8 wins, you don't get into the playoffs. If you don't have 10 wins, you don't get a home game.
I agree. I would just say you have to have at least as many wins as you have losses - to decrease the negative value of a tie. A 7-7-2 team could make it. 2 ties in a season is pretty unlikely.

I hate divisions. It should be simple, there are 32 teams, and 16 weeks of play. Everyone in AFC plays AFC, and then everyone in NFC plays NFC. The 1 seed of AFC is matched up with 7 seed of NFC or whatever when playoff time comes. That way you do get cross division matchups, but not during the regular season.

I feel that way about bowl games too. Conferences should only play conference teams until bowls, and then get matched against another conference's ranks. Then you have a true bearing of which conferences are great, and get some solid matchups. JMO

I hate divisions. It should be simple, there are 32 teams, and 16 weeks of play. Everyone in AFC plays AFC, and then everyone in NFC plays NFC. The 1 seed of AFC is matched up with 7 seed of NFC or whatever when playoff time comes. That way you do get cross division matchups, but not during the regular season.

I feel that way about bowl games too. Conferences should only play conference teams until bowls, and then get matched against another conference's ranks. Then you have a true bearing of which conferences are great, and get some solid matchups. JMO
You really don't want the Vols to play in a bowl game again? Damn man

VN Store

Back