A Conspiracy Against Pearl?

TBALLVOL

I learned today that Benson's father is connected to the AAU.How well connected is he? This could explain why recruits are not jumping into Pearl's arms. Ilinois black-balled Pearl for reporting recruiting violations. With the pull the AAU has with recruits it could be dejavu with Pearl if he doesn't hire Benson. I hope that is not the case and that Benson would not use his connection to AAU as leverage. If that happend I would back Pearl to the end for not hiring Benson. I wouldn't care if it cost us Tyler and Gordon. The tail is not going to wag the dog at TENNESSEE! Am I paranoid or what?

I don't know TBALL, I guess that some could be out to get Pearl. I guess that I would wait and see if we get Smith and Gordon before getting into it too much though. I agree with you though, if Benson is going to do that kind of stuff then he needs to go anyway. We don't need anyone like that in our program.

Originally posted by Orangewhiteblood@Apr 8, 2005 3:58 PM
I don't TBALL, I guess that some could be out to get Pearl. I guess that I would wait and see if we get Smith and Gordon before getting into it too much though. I agree with you though, if Benson is going to do that kind of stuff then he needs to go anyway. We don't need anyone like that in our program.

DITTO!!!

Just a bit paranoid I believe. Smith and Gordon are not Pearl recruits so you have to understand to a certain degree. Same thing happened when Bill Self left Illinois before Bruce Weber was hired. The top two recruits did not sign with Illinois because they were Self recruits. This year is going to be just a matter of laying the groundwork and next year during recruiting season it will be crunch time.

VN Store

Back